[GUIDE] How to get out of a Windows 10 bootloop

Windows 10 boot loop troubleshooting steps:

This is probably one of the most "heard of" problems that I have essentially heard of lots through out lots of tech communities. So I just wanted to create this guide on how to get out of a Windows 10 reboot loop.

Booting into safe mode:

1. Press the shift key and click restart to enter the advanced boot options screen
  2. Open settings in the operating systems to navigate to Update and Security> Advanced startup > Restart Now
  3. Type shutdown /r /o in the command prompt to boot into the advanced boot options or recovery console

Note: If you have the F8 key already enabled, just click restart and spam the F8 key upon booting, to enter safe mode

If you cannot enter safe mode, then you may have to boot into windows 10 with your Windows installation media or Recovery drive and select repair your computer to enter Troubleshoot> Advanced Startup Options> Command Prompt. You can now use the Command Prompt to run commands. Other options include using a windows 10 DVD or bootable USB drive, or you can simply just burn the Windows 10 ISO to an USB drive using another computer.

Now that you have gotten out of the reboot loop and have entered safe mode successfully, or accessed the the advanced options, you have the following options:

If you have entered safe mode:

1. Open the control panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates. Uninstall the offending update (including the feature upgrade) which may have been installed recently just before this problem started. 
  2. If you have recently updated any of the device drivers, then consider troubleshooting your driver problems or rolling back your driver to the earlier version

The following are accessible if you have entered safe mode or accessed the advanced options:

1. Run the Command Prompt as an administrator. Then enter the following commands one by one, hitting enter after each one:
    1. net stop wuauserv
    2. net stop bits
  2. Now browse the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete everything inside of it (including all files and folders)
  3. Restart your computer and you should be able to enter the desktop normally!

I hope this helps anyone having reboot loop issues with windows 10. If there is anything I have missed or need to add, feel free to by replying.

Thanks,

-Nick

Actually, anything that needs to be added or changed, just leave a reply so people can just view your reply