play music on spotify using a diiferent device on pc

Go to solution Solved by Triventular,
48 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I found this vid with an app that does it automatically haha for some reason I have a steam streaming device installed(dunno what that is) and i just "re-route" the audio there and add an output object in obs to pickup the audio and its running just as i expected

Its kinda hard to explain but I want to play some spotify sometimes when i stream. I wanted to know if it is possible to, lets say, play my games with spotify but I don't hear it and only my viewers will hear it? if so, how do i do it?

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. But just beware playing music on stream as whatever platform you're using could take down the stream due to copyright. You're effectively broadcasting music.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

You do this with virtual audio cable software. There are couple options, one of them paid. It requires that Spotify can use some other audio device than default.

You basically setup virtual audio device to which Spotify plays and isn't your default audio device. Then you setup streaming software to listen all other audio sources. I used to remove Teamspeak from stream audio with that. Takes a while to get it right.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. But just beware playing music on stream as whatever platform you're using could take down the stream due to copyright. You're effectively broadcasting music.

I asked for permission and put all the allowed songs on a playlist haha

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You do this with virtual audio cable software. There are couple options, one of them paid. It requires that Spotify can use some other audio device than default.

You basically setup virtual audio device to which Spotify plays and isn't your default audio device. Then you setup streaming software to listen all other audio sources. I used to remove Teamspeak from stream audio with that. Takes a while to get it right.

what's the name of the software that I can use to do this? haha

2 hours ago, Triventular said:

what's the name of the software that I can use to do this? haha

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

This will do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

48 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I found this vid with an app that does it automatically haha for some reason I have a steam streaming device installed(dunno what that is) and i just "re-route" the audio there and add an output object in obs to pickup the audio and its running just as i expected