does GPU improves image quality?

come on man

hey,does GPU improve image quality?Let's say that I'm watching 2k17 1080p movie with good 1440p monitor and bad GPU.Am I gonna get better quality(sharpness,density) if I get some GPU like gtx 1050-1060-1070?I know GPU is most useful for high gaming fps.and the GPU memory isn't the most important thing,they have processors and so on,but does it affect the pixels somehow?

Nope, unless the bad GPU can't handle the 1440p resolution (which would probably be an early 2000s GPU/CPU)

Edit:

For a little more clarity, when watching a movie, TV show, etc. you don't need to render anything. It's just pulling the data from the source (disk, server, etc) and displaying it. There needs to be some stuff happening with codecs and whatnot done but even a little ARM processor can handle that stuff so unless you have something REALLY old, then there won't be an issue.

The only time there might be an issue is if you're trying to play something in an unsupported codec by the local machine but that's usually down to the player, browser, etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The only real need for a high end GPU is for gaming and cryptocurrency mining. Most other things rely more on the RAM and CPU (although it is always a good idea to have a decent GPU in your system).

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Nope, unless the bad GPU can't handle the 1440p resolution (which would probably be an early 2000s GPU/CPU)

Edit:

For a little more clarity, when watching a movie, TV show, etc. you don't need to render anything. It's just pulling the data from the source (disk, server, etc) and displaying it. There needs to be some stuff happening with codecs and whatnot done but even a little ARM processor can handle that stuff so unless you have something REALLY old, then there won't be an issue.

The only time there might be an issue is if you're trying to play something in an unsupported codec by the local machine but that's usually down to the player, browser, etc.

I was asking,because I have 1440p monitor since today and I'm watching Guardians of the Galaxy 1080p and tbh I expected better quality.Maybe the really really good quality comes from a 2160p movies

Just now, come on man said:

I was asking,because I have 1440p monitor since today and I'm watching Guardians of the Galaxy 1080p and tbh I expected better quality.Maybe the really really good quality comes from a 2160p movies

Were you streaming it from Netflix or watching it from a Blu-Ray/DVD or something?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Well if you have some crazy image correcting/improving algorithms you can make a video look much better, but that requires a beefy pc.

Sidenote: if anyone knows the name of the video player, which had them built in let me know, because i forgot.

1 minute ago, come on man said:

Maybe you downloaded some very low bitrate version. How big was the file size?

11 minutes ago, come on man said:

hey,does GPU improve image quality?Let's say that I'm watching 2k17 1080p movie with good 1440p monitor and bad GPU.Am I gonna get better quality(sharpness,density) if I get some GPU like gtx 1050-1060-1070?I know GPU is most useful for high gaming fps.and the GPU memory isn't the most important thing,they have processors and so on,but does it affect the pixels somehow?

The video card by itself these days don't affect the image quality. However, there are plug-ins and renderers that will use the GPU for enhancements during playback. Depending on how demanding those enhancements are will require a better GPU.

But for the most part, no, a better GPU doesn't improve image quality. In fact, worse GPUs historically had an updated version of the hardware decoder used for standard playback.

you want get a sharper image, if the "bad GPU" is really shitty you might get some stuttering, but it would have to be pretty old or you would have to be playing a VERY VERY high bitrate video

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Maybe you downloaded some very low bitrate version. How big was the file size?

It's a 30GB movie,but how to do that image correcting/improving algorithms?What is that?Never heard such thing

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you want get a sharper image, if the "bad GPU" is really shitty you might get some stuttering, but it would have to be pretty old or you would have to be playing a VERY VERY high bitrate video

using APU AMD A4 with Radeon HD 8330(trash laptop)

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The video card by itself these days don't affect the image quality. However, there are plug-ins and renderers that will use the GPU for enhancements during playback. Depending on how demanding those enhancements are will require a better GPU.

But for the most part, no, a better GPU doesn't improve image quality. In fact, worse GPUs historically had an updated version of the hardware decoder used for standard playback.

can you give me an example of plugins and how to use them?Just tell me what software to install and from where should I get those plugins.I will figure out how to use them

using APU AMD A4 with Radeon HD 8330(trash laptop)

does it stutter when you play 1080p 60 FPS youtube videos?

can you give me an example of plugins and how to use them?Just tell me what software to install and from where should I get those plugins.I will figure out how to use them

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-better-picture-quality-from-your-home-theate-1700412363

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Were you streaming it from Netflix or watching it from a Blu-Ray/DVD or something?

watching it from my Laptop on the DVD

does it stutter when you play 1080p 60 FPS youtube videos?

nope.I had this issue,but it was because of bad setting in Firefox

1 minute ago, come on man said:

It's a 30GB movie,but how to do that image correcting/improving algorithms?What is that?Never heard such thing

I dont remember too, that is why i added the sidenote. Either way you would need much beefier cpu and gpu for that. I remeber that they exist, but i just dont remember the names.

3 minutes ago, come on man said:

watching it from my Laptop on the DVD

DVD or Bluray? this is super super important, a DVD wouldn't be 30GB and bluray on a laptop is just asking for problems and a GPU isn't gonna help you there because you can't install a GPU into your laptop and by the time you buy an external enclosure for a dedicated GPU you could build a desktop that is more powerful then that laptop, especially since you already have the monitor. make sure your screen resolution is set properly when outputting to that 1440p monitor, that could be having an effect and it could just be the monitor, not all monitors are created equal, some have shitty TN panels that look like ass, IPS is the only way to watch a movie on a monitor IMHO.

DVD or Bluray? this is super super important, a DVD wouldn't be 30GB and bluray on a laptop is just asking for problems and a GPU isn't gonna help you there because you can't install a GPU into your laptop and by the time you buy an external enclosure for a dedicated GPU you could build a desktop that is more powerful then that laptop, especially since you already have the monitor. make sure your screen resolution is set properly when outputting to that 1440p monitor, that could be having an effect and it could just be the monitor, not all monitors are created equal, some have shitty TN panels that look like ass, IPS is the only way to watch a movie on a monitor IMHO.

Bluray disk.My monitor is IPS LED 1440p ,the laptop is trash.I don't have any problems with playing 1080p youtube videos.Just I expected some better quality from a 1440p monitor which plays a 1080p Bluray video.I think there are 2 possible reasons:
My GPU is so weak that it doesn't give me the full capabilities of my 1440p monitor.Maybe I have some quality loss from my brand new HDMI cable,because my GPU can't handle all that stuff

or

It's just a 1080p movie.Maybe the really good,impressive sharpness will be in the 2160p movies

29 minutes ago, come on man said:

Bluray disk.My monitor is IPS LED 1440p ,the laptop is trash.I don't have any problems with playing 1080p youtube videos.Just I expected some better quality from a 1440p monitor which plays a 1080p Bluray video.I think there are 2 possible reasons:
My GPU is so weak that it doesn't give me the full capabilities of my 1440p monitor.Maybe I have some quality loss from my brand new HDMI cable,because my GPU can't handle all that stuff

or

It's just a 1080p movie.Maybe the really good,impressive sharpness will be in the 2160p movies

putting a 1080p video on a higher resolution screen isn't going to make the video higher resolution, you should see the same image quality at 1080p and 1440p, there is no "upscaling" the picture by simply using a higher res monitor.