Delidding & Binning Service through SiliconLottery.com for $60. Worth it?

Hey guys

So I downsized to an ITX build and going to be putting my 8700k into an SFF PC just because it seems fun to do. (LOUQE Ghost S1)

Thats a tiny case so I want to prep to make it as cool as possible whatever the step is.

I hear about delidding all the time and I dont have any conductonaut or a delidding tool. Which is why Siliconlottery.com delidding and reseating for $60 is tempting. Is it worth delidding then?

What are your guys' experience for delidding. Was it worth it in the end? I will be using a low profile cooler so I wanted to delid to try and help make cooling more efficient. (Thermalright AXP-100RH)

I'd honestly like to see a delidded processor with a graphite pad... If you don't want to pay 60 bucks, you could do it yourself with a razer... 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I'd honestly like to see a delidded processor with a graphite pad... If you don't want to pay 60 bucks, you could do it yourself with a razer... 

After testing my dexterity with model kit building, I dont trust myself lol.

11 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

Problem with that is the graphite pads are to thick to effectively transfer the heat from the Die to the IHS. This is why no one has done it.. and along with the fact its conductive as well and would be prone to sliding around much more so than LM. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

After testing my dexterity with model kit building, I dont trust myself lol.

For the cost of a delid tool and some liquid metal it would be about the same price, maybe a bit less. You do get the tooling and extra liquid metal for the future though if you plan to delid other chips. 

Well ive bought a China Delidding Tool, was pretty cheap on Ebay. (would be cool if linus could make a video on it wouldnt it?)

All together its Tool(7€) + Insulating Varnish(5€) + Conductonaut(8€) = 20€ (~24$ US including taxes and shipping)

Temps went down by ~20°C. Was pretty easy and the tool still works. I would do it again that way, I wouldnt recommend relidding and i cant recommend buying expansive delidding tools, ive bought the Dr.Delid Professional (50€) beforehand and it came defective, i wasnt able to delid my CPU with it. Thank god ive bought it on Amazon and got a full refund.

Also wouldnt necessarily buy binned on the 8700k, just if you really want to make sure you dont lose the lottery, but chances are relatively low not to hit 5GHz+ when delidded.

However if you really dont want to risk anything use the siliconlottery service.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |