New mouse (I play fortnite)

Jack Dvorak

So my mouse here is getting pretty old and damaged. I need a new mouse with some of those side buttons on the left for the back page and forward page thing because I use those a lot in fortnite for building and such. My budget would be 70$ Max I would like to stay under 60$ but I don't know if that will happen.

On 05.05.2018 at 3:53 PM, Jack Dvorak said:

So my mouse here is getting pretty old and damaged. I need a new mouse with some of those side buttons on the left for the back page and forward page thing because I use those a lot in fortnite for building and such. My budget would be 70$ Max I would like to stay under 60$ but I don't know if that will happen.

I know it might be over your budget but I could recommend you G502 from logitech. In PUBG it works pretty well without any issues at all.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

If you don't have large hands I can personally highly recommend the G502. It has the two side buttons (that I also mapped for building :P) and just feels really nice in my (admittedly smaller than average) hands.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

If you don't have large hands I can personally highly recommend the G502. It has the two side buttons (that I also mapped for building :P) and just feels really nice in my (admittedly smaller than average) hands.

Alrighty then I’ll grab one of those

You can customise the buttons for forward and backwards with the software it’s inculded with

I personally like the Razer Deathadder Chroma

On 5/5/2018 at 8:53 AM, Jack Dvorak said:

just get a gpro, a g403 or a g903 if you can spend the money. G502 if you want a heavier mouse. Go to your bestbuy or something im sure they have them all and just try them

It really depends on your Hand Size, your Grip and your Technique. If you prefer comfort, larger is typically better, but accuracy is typically with smaller mice.

Here's some general guidelines I would recommend, but seriously its mostly personal preference.

Large: Logitech G403 Razer Deathadder, Zowie EC-2B.

Small: Logitech G203, Razer Abyssus, Logitech G303

Here's an excellent video on what mice you should consider.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

On 5/7/2018 at 1:09 AM, overturnedv1 said:

people just recommending their own products is cringy

Suggestion* I was giving you a suggestion not a recommendation.

I cannot tell you to buy products that I haven't used; that wouldn't be  an honest suggestion

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, DrDerp said:

-snip-

I saw the video Thumbnail and thought it was Reinhardt for some reason..... well you know what I have been playing.........

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

On 5.5.2018. at 3:18 PM, DocSwag said:

@Jack Dvorak I also have the G502. Can confirm it's a really good mouse.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:23 PM, Jack Dvorak said:

Can’t go wrong with the Logitech G502 it’s on sale for $59.99

24 minutes ago, A22PRB said:

Can’t go wrong with the Logitech G502 it’s on sale for $59.99

Depends what kinda stuff you want to do too, if you want to use it for casual gaming and productivity work the G502 works wonders. Although it may or may not tie in with his setup.
One question, what is the weight and size of your current mouse @Jack Dvorak?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

On 5/9/2018 at 1:00 PM, DrDerp said:

Depends what kinda stuff you want to do too, if you want to use it for casual gaming and productivity work the G502 works wonders. Although it may or may not tie in with his setup.
One question, what is the weight and size of your current mouse @Jack Dvorak?

lol its too late now, I am using the g502 rn and it is amazing... my old mouse was a crappy one with the two buttons on the side and was way too light for my liking, and very long but it worked up until a couple days ago which is when my g502 arrived.

i got the g pro (g203)

and its pretty good for fortnite it made me alot better but am still bad asf xD

i would recommend if your hands are 18 cm or less

the side buttons are OK the forward one is easily accessible but the other one is hard to reach for my hand

2 hours ago, Jack Dvorak said:

lol its too late now, I am using the g502 rn and it is amazing... my old mouse was a crappy one with the two buttons on the side and was way too light for my liking, and very long but it worked up until a couple days ago which is when my g502 arrived.

Hey that's alright, the G502 is a fantastic mouse. Good choice!