How to play PC games using a TV as a monitor

ILoveZed

Hi, a few weeks ago I got this cool idea to get a bluetooth controler and connect my computer to the TV just so I can play games just like on a console. I bought everything that I needed and connected everything. It worked fine, but there was one problem. I saw that everything looked small on the TV. I used the setting from windows to resize the whole screen, but this didn't work for games. They were staying the same and the particles looked small too, I wasn't able to see objects in a long distance, I have never had a problem like that on my normal monitor. I searched on how to fix the problem and found that this is called UI scaling, some games have that as an option, but most of them don't. If someone knows how to solve the problem please reply under the topic.

5 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

TV size?

Resolution?

32 inch 1920 x 1080p

Just now, ILoveZed said:

32 inch 1080p

o_O that doesn't make any sense, 1080P 32 inch everything should look big instead of small, check the resolution your games are running at? 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

o_O that doesn't make any sense, 1080P 32 inch everything should look big instead of small, check the resolution your games are running at? 

You didn't understand me. It is not looking small, the PC games are not supported for playing from 2 metters away, they are supported only for about 20-30 cm. And objects are hard to see when I am away form the TV, I am 2 meters away from it.

2 minutes ago, ILoveZed said:

You didn't understand me. It is not looking small, the PC games are not supported for playing from 2 metters away, they are supported only for about 20-30 cm. And objects are hard to see when I am away form the TV, I am 2 meters away from it.

you mean objects look fuzzy? or distorted? 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, ILoveZed said:

Try to play at 720p, then everything should be bigger

In your resolution settings, try setting objects to 200% or 300%.

hi.

1 hour ago, ILoveZed said:

Move closer to the TV or play at a lower resolution. That, or scale the HUD if there's an option for it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 hours ago, ILoveZed said:

I cant help but think " when i wash my hands with water they get wet, how can i stop my hands getting wet?" :P

OP, how did you not realize this would happen ?

ofc if you sit further away form a screen things will look smaller.

You cant expect to see things as clearly when you dont scale viewing distance with screen size correctly.

32" is small, very small for a screen being used in a living room environment with the user that far away, for PC use.

Hell, one of the PC's in my house has a 32" screen (1080p) and has a seating position with the distance from screen to eyes is about 3'.

My 42" Plasma (1080p) for my PC that i write this on, is about 4' away from my eyes.

Now this is very subjective but.....

IMO, living room environment with say 8' screen to eye veiwing distance, you want to use the rule of 1.25x the diagonal screen size.

So if your seating distance is 8' from tv to eyes then you'd want a 75" Display to be able to veiw everything as easily as you woudl a 24" monitor at 2' distance.

Thats asuming same resolution and scaling. Obviosly at 75" you likey be getting a 4k screen, so 200% scaling for UI, and windows desktop would be required.

So for your 32" screen you'd want to be sitting at most 3.3' away.

or for your distance of 2 metres (6.5') you'd want a 62" screen.

This 'rule' is my own, and is different from recommended view distance for normal Tv usuage, since this is for PC.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

^THIS

Also... lowering FOV (Field of View) in Games, while detrimental to peripheral vision seeing the bigger picture available to you, it can look very small in the distance, it will zoom the field of view inwards making couch gaming distances easier to manage, and further away objects slightly easier to negotiate with your eyes.

#Subjective on if its better for you,... try and find out if it helps.

FOV 65-85 instead of FOV 85-100+

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks for the support, BTW I have another TV in my living room which is 42 inch. I will try to see if it will be the same, again thanks for all the support and I will try everything you told me.