GPU compatibility

Hey guys so i just saw a motherboard thats compatible with everything that im getting in my new pc but then i just realised im not to sure if the gpu is compatible the gpu is the gt 1030 and the motherboard is the MSI Pro Series Intel B250 LGA 1151 can you please check out if its compatible or not because i know nothing about motherboards and the m version of the motherboard is compatible i know that but its way more expensive

please... dont get the GT 1030, its not worth it, you are actually better off with integrated graphics, just save up for a 1050, please...

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

5 hours ago, JustMATT said:

please... dont get the GT 1030, its not worth it, you are actually better off with integrated graphics, just save up for a 1050, please...

is there any other better gpu then that uses little power for only 100 dollars then?

because when i get my new pc im only going to have about a 400 watt power supply

1 minute ago, BrandonKHarris said:

is there any other better gpu then that uses little power for only 100 dollars then?

GTX 1050 or RX 560. 2gb models will do.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, BrandonKHarris said:

$100 is not gonna get you anything thats worth its cost, a 1050 doesnt need any power cables and will do A LOT better than a 1030 for ~$200 but you could probably find them a lot cheaper on places like craigslist

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

2 minutes ago, JustMATT said:

$100 is not gonna get you anything thats worth its cost, a 1050 doesnt need any power cables and will do A LOT better than a 1030 for ~$200 but you could probably find them a lot cheaper on places like craigslist

well all i have is going to be what i get from my playstation

well all i have is going to be what i get from my playstation

please, just save your money, it would be a lot better of an experience to save your money and get something better

3 minutes ago, JustMATT said:

im just going to get the gt 1030 for now anyways because ive seen some benchmarks and its fairly good and all i want to play at most is black ops 2 

im just going to get the gt 1030 for now anyways because ive seen some benchmarks and its fairly good and all i want to play at most is black ops 2 

what fucking benchmarks are you looking at? its not even worth the PCB its printed on!

4 hours ago, JustMATT said:

what benchmarks are you looking at? its not even worth the PCB its printed on!

ive seen plenty of benchmarks lol i think its decent even though i am a noob but its good enough for what i play

and all the gpus are very high priced atm especially in australia

1 minute ago, BrandonKHarris said:

ive seen plenty of benchmarks lol i think its decent even though i am a noob but its good enough for what i play

the GT 1030 is good enough, it's much better than integrated graphics but it's still very meh, it's not meant for gaming at all so keep that in mind, it will get the job done for older games, but that's about it, your expectations should be low.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

the GT 1030 is good enough, it's much better than integrated graphics but it's still very meh, it's not meant for gaming at all so keep that in mind, it will get the job done for older games, but that's about it, your expectations should be low.

its the cheapest card i can find and it plays black ops 2 and shit so thats what i need

its the cheapest card i can find and it plays black ops 2 and shit so thats what i need

that's fine :) just telling you what to expect from it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Is the MSI Pro Series Intel B250 LGA 1151 motherboard compatible with the gt 1030 DONT TELL ME I SHOULDNT GET IT

Don't see why it shouldn't be compatible, if it has a PCI-E x16 slot any card will work on it.

Just now, Ross Scarlet said:

Don't see why it shouldn't be compatible, if it has a PCI-E x16 slot any card will work on it.

not if the case is uber small

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

not if the case is uber small

Hardly doubt a GT1030 is that beefy lmao

- Threads merged. Please, only create one thread per topic. 

The GT 1030 is compatible with any motherboard featuring a PCIe x16 slot of any generation. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

i dont have the m version 

sorry just got done a 4 hours Netflix binge session on The Last Man on Earth, god I love that red head.

Whats your case size?

4 hours ago, Ross Scarlet said:

Hardly doubt a GT1030 is that beefy lmao

lol

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

sorry just got done a 4 hours Netflix binge session on The Last Man on Earth, god I love that red head.

Whats your case size?

i dont have the pc yet lol im getting it off someone they are just getting there shit off it

not about beef

its about height

I just used an angle grinder on my case

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

not about beef

its about height

I just used an angle grinder on my case

tbh i dont care if i have to do that to my case