nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK
5 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Could be something as simple as Nvidia saying, "If you factory OC this product we won't give you any technical support if anything goes wrong." Whereas they would receive support for factory OCing the snot out of the other GPU's. In the end the final product aka the card you slot into your pc and game/fold/mine on belongs to the AIB but the chip itself is only nvidia's.

no its the end users

like said before it it was aibs they could do whatever they like

matrox does with amd cards even supplying their own drivers

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

no its the end users

Everything has limitations and license terms. Those are the fundamental things that constitute property rights. Just because one license is more restrictive than another does not mean there is no ownership. Go read up on property rights.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

no its the end users

It's only the end user's when they buy it but until that point it's the AIB's.

Aren't those Matrox cards specialized ?

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

6 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Everything has limitations and license terms. Those are the fundamental things that constitute property rights. Just because one license is more restrictive than another does not mean there is no ownership. Go read up on property rights.

lol wish we were talking about monetary value here

so they have to wait for nvidia nda lift on their own product? lol

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

It's only the end user's when they buy it but until that point it's the AIB's.

Aren't those Matrox cards specialized ?

read above

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

lol wish we were talking about monetary value here

so they have to wait for nvidia nda lift on their own product? lol

Of course they do. That would be part of the property rights. Why is that so hard to understand? I used the examples of housing in Australia before. We "freehold" here which is a term given to the property rights we have. We renew our property license every 100 years but we still consider this to be ownership because we own the rights to the property. This allows us to exploit the land to the extent that the rights/license allows. You don't have to have full control and ownership of everything  for it to be considered ownership because complete ownership is extremely rare in the real world.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Of course they do. That would be part of the property rights. Why is that so hard to understand? I used the examples of housing in Australia before. We "freehold" here which is a term given to the property rights we have. We renew our property license every 100 years but we still consider this to be ownership because we own the rights to the property. This allows us to exploit the land to the extent that the rights/license allows. You don't have to have full control and ownership of everything  for it to be considered ownership because complete ownership is extremely rare in the real world.

you know this argument was about whos product it really is aib's or nvidia's

its nvidias nda lift on nvidias new lineup with nvidias new drivers

etc etc

Just now, pas008 said:

That's easy. We call them Nvidia cards, because they carry an Nvidia GPU. We don't call Trident Z dimms with Samsung die, Samsung. We call them GSKILL.

But, if Samsung started a program to support partners who branded Samsung equipped memory differently.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

15 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Oh yeah? So, if it is your Lamborghini, how come you can't drive it at 300 km/h in a downtown avenue? 

If my landlord owns this house, how come he can't come sleep here any time he wants?

Spoiler

Because of course it all belongs to the Reptilian Illuminati, just like your life, that's why!

Spoiler

Wallace.png&f=1

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

And I'm telling you that AIB's own the property rights for as long as they agree to the license terms. As long as the agreed upon requirements are met then AIB's are free to use Nvidia's product in the production of their own, allowing them to call it their own product.

5 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Oh yeah? So, if it is your Lamborghini, how come you can't drive it at 300 km/h in a downtown avenue? 

Funny you mention that. I was actually going to bring up car ownership. Do you really own a car since you're not allowed to drive it without a license, or a registration, or if you're under a certain age. The list goes on.

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

Funny you mention that. I was actually going to bring up car ownership. Do you really own a car since you're not allowed to drive it without a license, or a registration, or if you're under a certain age. The list goes on.

Yes, you really own it. The state owns the roads ;) 

And I'm telling you that AIB's own the property rights for as long as they agree to the license terms. As long as the agreed upon requirements are met then AIB's are free to use Nvidia's product in the production of their own, allowing them to call it their own product.

so you are agreeing to nvida>aib>etailer/retail then ?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

oh so government cant rip anything from you

or fact you must pay yearly taxes on it to really own it lol ;)

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

so you are agreeing to nvida>aib>etailer/retail then ?

I have no idea what you're implying. I mean exactly what I said.

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

I have no idea what you're implying. I mean exactly what I said.

whos actual product it is

Just now, pas008 said:

oh so government cant rip anything from you

or fact you must pay yearly taxes on it to really own it lol ;)

Not here, I have a 72 Omega sitting in Wisconsin I haven't even seen in 5 years, driven in 20. Haven't paid a penny, still mine. If I paid for plates I could drive it.

The state owns the roads, that's their property. They get to say what you need to be on their property. 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

But you own the right to use the road, within the terms of the license/law ?

Just now, Carclis said:

But you own the right to use the road, within the terms of the license/law ?

Nope, you don't own a right. Ownership is defined, by the state :)

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

whos actual product it is

Which product? The Nvidia GPU die is Nvidia's product. This is sold to AIB partners along with the rights to modify and sell it as their own product. For AIB partners they recieve an intermediate product from Nvidia. They then modify it adding their own cooler, bios, features such as lighting and additional support along witb revised and improved power delivery. At this point it is no longer Nvidia's product. Nvidia is simply a supplier.

Just now, Carclis said:

Which product? The Nvidia GPU die is Nvidia's product. This is sold to AIB partners along with the rights to modify and sell it as their own product. For AIB partners they recieve an intermediate product from Nvidia. They then modify it adding their own cooler, bios, features such as lighting and additional support along witb revised and improved power delivery. At this point it is no longer Nvidia's product. Nvidia is simply a supplier.

Which means Nvidia can supply whom ever they want, at any rate they want. Unless you have a written agreement between the two. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Which means Nvidia can supply whom ever they want, at any rate they want. Unless you have a written agreement between the two. 

That's right. But they can't be preferrential or limit competition.

Just now, Carclis said:

That's right. But they can't be preferrential or limit competition.

Hell yeah they can. It happens every day in every retail situation.

Don't confuse can, with should. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Hell yeah they can. It happens every day in every retail situation.

Don't confuse can, with should. 

Well that's the whole point of this thread, right? It's not legal but it does happen.

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Well that's the whole point of this thread, right? It's not legal but it does happen.

Why I said let that shit go LOL!!!

Walk into Best Buy, or Game Stop. Everything from the zoning to encaps is a relationship with venders and other companies. Sony spend millions and millions on those relationships so the PS4 is pushed to the front. Don't see a topic on that, right?

Because you don't see it. People see the GPP, so they react. Even though it's nothing out of the ordinary. YAY capitolism LOL

1 hour ago, Carclis said:

Hate to go of on a tangent.... but i think there is a reason for that and the private ownership of our treasury. There is nothing on earth worth more than the private possesions of the citizens of the united states.