3D Modeling help

ZeusXI

So im looking for some software or a program that allows me to 3d model something. im considering building my own computer case, and i have no idea what programs are out there, except google-ing them, but im not sure which ones are good for beginners, free, and easy to use. Any help would be awesome!

The picture below is an example of what im looking for. its the Dan C4-SFX case, and that kind of modeling is something i would be looking for

69oo7b.jpg

51zqzv.jpg

23 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

So im looking for some software or a program that allows me to 3d model something. im considering building my own computer case, and i have no idea what programs are out there, except google-ing them, but im not sure which ones are good for beginners, free, and easy to use. Any help would be awesome!

The picture below is an example of what im looking for. its the Dan C4-SFX case, and that kind of modeling is something i would be looking for

For basic work google sketchup is alright but if your looking for programs to do detailed engineering drawings for manufacture's and renders such as above that will be much more complex. I would recommend to look into programs such as Solidworks or Fusion 360. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Protocase actually has a decent PC specific modeling software. AS a CAD technician myself I'm inclinded to use that, if not but for the ability to use their tools for accurate measurements like the I/O cutout dimensions and specific threads for standoff's

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Blender is the only real free program but it's not easy getting into. (though you might get away with sketchup for simpler projects). The protocase designer is a very nice alternative as @TVwazhere already said!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Use Fusion360, its free for pretty much everyone except big companies.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Has anyone used FreeCad? It might be worthwhile for me to try to learn how to use it since I can do so while I'm still using Win 7, then I won't need to do as much learning when switch over to Linux.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I did CADD 1 and 2 college courses when I went to high school. Solidworks and Inventor are both great, however I ended up preferring Inventor because of how easy it is to get for free for educational use. It was a nightmare trying to get Solidworks for free at the time and the system to do so or contact support was so broken even though I preferred solidworks I taught myself inventor over it.

Using both of those I heavily dislike google Sketchup compared to them. I found Inventor far superior and a way nicer UI. You could be messing around with basic models in Inventor rather quickly. I've got pretty rusty at CADD over the last year or so but the basics are easy to learn.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Worth noting the images you linked are likely renders. It won't look anything like that when you're actually building the model.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]