Need business help.

I am starting a web development and hosting business. How do I advertise and get people to switch to my services? What is the best way to advertise?

There is no magic trick. You need a portfolio of your skills and work to show off and you need to buy advertising-space somewhere.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Im by far not a marketing or advertisement person, but from a customer perspective, you have to someone tell people what you provide is better value for money from what they currently have.

So if i was in your shoes, my first point would be to ask myself a few questions for example

What do you provide vs the competition?

What value per dollar spent do you add?

From a hosting perspective, do you offer anything that the competition doesnt? are you cheaper? Do the competition offer more than what you offer?

I as a customer am not going to switch unless i see something that says to me, this is better value for money that i am currently getting, so i will switch.

Apart from that there is no best way, advertise yourself and your skills, and the benefits of what you bring to the table vs any competition. 

If you're entering the hosting market you'll need to get your IT skills up as well. You'll need to decide to host your own web servers (and provide support, maintenance, back-up, SLA) or whether you run them on a VPS. You'll also need to familiarize yourself with stuff like DNS records, SSL certificates and such so you can set this up for customers or support them with the process of getting their website running and secured.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I don't own my own business. Not yet anyway. However, a lot of people have get good results out of Facebook Ads. You can change and tweak them as you go, and from what I understand the reporting behind them is really helpful to understand which of your ads are more successful than others. Word of mouth is also a strong way to advertise. Maybe toss a few freebies out to prospective client to prove yourself, then ask that they recommend you to a friend or something like that.

I've worked for a lot of small businesses, and the owners of these small businesses talk to a lot of other people who own small businesses. Working your way into that circle could be very fruitful. Find some local companies that have a crappy website and offer to redo it for them for a small fee, or no fee if they'll pass your name along to some of their friends, etc.

25 minutes ago, Maks112v said:

I am starting a web development and hosting business. How do I advertise and get people to switch to my services? What is the best way to advertise?

Depending on where you live, look into a BNI group (Business Networkers International) 

I was part of one for many years and it did our company a world of good.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

If you're entering the hosting market you'll need to get your IT skills up as well. You'll need to decide to host your own web servers (and provide support, maintenance, back-up, SLA) or whether you run them on a VPS. You'll also need to familiarize yourself with stuff like DNS records, SSL certificates and such so you can set this up for customers or support them with the process of getting their website running and secured.

I already know the technical side and do all that I need to learn how to advertise to clients.

4 minutes ago, Maks112v said:

I already know the technical side and do all that I need to learn how to advertise to clients.

Okay :) just wanted to make sure ;) 

You'll want your own website first of all, and make sure people can see your portfolio there and your terms and what you can offer future customers. 

Also make sure your website can be found in major search engines.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Okay :) just wanted to make sure ;) 

You'll want your own website first of all, and make sure people can see your portfolio there and your terms and what you can offer future customers. 

Also make sure your website can be found in major search engines.

I already have that but how could I improve it? Landing Page

39 minutes ago, Maks112v said:

Go out and network. Your clients won’t come to you unless you are a well known firm. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Go out and network. Your clients won’t come to you unless you are a well known firm. 

How would that be done?

Just now, Maks112v said:

How would that be done?

Go to events with the big companies. Go look at https://meraki.cisco.com They have webinars or actual events you can attend.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.