MSI... What are you doing...

Am I the only person to have a good experience with MSI CS? 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

You do realize MSI has piss poor quality control and the worst customer service of 3rd party card and mobo makers out there, right?  I had a mobo come with a detached PCI-e lane, a 480 that heated up a room pretty quickly due to a piss poor cooler, and they refuse to honor rebates until you get the store involved.  They also had some of the highest mobo failure rates for quite some time.

Can't comment on the other bits, but a cooler doesn't affect the rate at which your room heats up. So they probably weren't helping you with that because it's not a thing.

#HowToTriggerLinus

9 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Nope, I did too. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

49 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

You're apparently one of the few (that or the people that do just don't speak up).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 5/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, valdyrgramr said:

That was a bit of a joke since it's also an AMD product.  But, it did have one of the worst coolers on it from MSI/the Armor Edition.  So, it was heating itself at least.  xD 

Your fault for buying the cheapest version of the card. Armor editions are never a good cooler but normally a descent pcb and being 30$ cheaper ideal for water cooling. Most of the armors the same pcb as there game x card

Just be like everyone else and just email them and you’ll get free shit. Email the ceos and all the head people in the company one is bound to reply. Just start at the top of the employee list and work down. 

Crying online does nothing. 

Hell people even make fake stories and do this and get free shit. It’s called social engineering you can find forums Dedicated to scamming company’s like this 

3 hours ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

Just be like everyone else and just email them and you’ll get free shit. Email the ceos and all the head people in the company one is bound to reply. Just start at the top of the employee list and work down. 

Crying online does nothing. 

Hell people even make fake stories and do this and get free shit. It’s called social engineering you can find forums Dedicated to scamming company’s like this 

Gee, wow, if only I thought of that...

>created multiple support tickets
>called multiple times
>told you get a refurb or fuck off

Like fucks sake, do you really think this is my first rodeo?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 5/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Just gonna say this, I've never heard good things about MSI's customer service.

I bought my Z97 MPOWER out of box at the local big box store, didn't come with an I?O shield. MSI rep sent me one, hand writen address. When EVGA tried to pass off their issue (was later proven) onto MSI, MSI offered to replace the part even though there was no proof it was them, I pushed the issue with EVGA but it was nice to know MSI at least had my back.

Not saying people haven't had issues with MSI, just odd my experience has been so positive. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

15 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Gee, wow, if only I thought of that...

>created multiple support tickets
>called multiple times
>told you get a refurb or fuck off

Like fucks sake, do you really think this is my first rodeo?

don't go though support dummy. emails the big wigs and their assistance and their maintenance people and everyone name you can find that works at the company, scammers do it and get free shit so why not a person with an actual complaint. 

its like you didn't even read my post.

15 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Email the ceos and all the head people in the company one is bound to reply. Just start at the top of the employee list and work down. 

calling support just gets you support and most CS is outsourced that just read off a screen and have more then likely never even touched the product you are talking to them about in their entire life.  

may not be your first rodeo but it seems like your first time reading.