Wired multi-room audio

Go to solution Solved by robloxxenialator,

if you use an artcessories head amp 4 this will split your phone signal into 4 different outputs with separate volume control. the only problem is you will have to use a 3.5mm or a 1/4". also you will have to use multiple systems linked together if you have more than 4 speakers

I have 2 5.1 speaker systems with me that have wired connections and I would like to use them as both stand-alones and also to play audio from one(common)source. I want to how to make the the systems play from one source.

I read an article about the same and did not understand it.https://www.lifewire.com/multiroom-music-system-overview-3134661

Please help...also sorry if I posted my problem in the wrong place

i have a few questions. 1) what type of cables are the speakers wired with.   2) how are you wanting to introduce the audio source, bluetooth, 3.5 mm, etc.  and finaly.  3) do you want one central controll panel or seperated in each room

laptop:

Toshiba L875D

CPU: AMD A-series A6-4400M

Storage: 640 GB

RAM: 16 GB, DDR3 SDRAM

GPU: Radeon HD 7520G

19 hours ago, robloxxenialator said:

i have a few questions. 1) what type of cables are the speakers wired with.   2) how are you wanting to introduce the audio source, bluetooth, 3.5 mm, etc.  and finaly.  3) do you want one central controll panel or seperated in each room

@robloxxenialator The  speakers are wired differently..one is via speaker wire the other with 3.5mm.I would like to introduce the source preferably by Bluetooth but wouldn't mind using 3.5mm.I  would like to switch between central control and seperate sources..

Hope this is what you wanted to know pls tell me if there's anything else you need from me.

@KAN1102

The article you linked to really only lists two options. Their first option is to wire speakers directly to an AMP/Receiver of some kind that can handle more than one set of speaker outputs. They then split that into three options which, when push comes to shove, all involve running speaker cables to individual speakers throughout your house. Their second option is to use some kind of multi-room audio solution that takes advantage of your home network to group separate sets of speakers together. Which they've for some reason split into WiFi, Powerline, Ethernet and then listed again by itself for good measure.

Personally? I think getting a commercial piece of hardware that does the multi-room audio stuff is better than running speaker cables. Especially for home use. Of these options? Sonos is probably the best and for this use case you'd get a pair of Sonos Connects. But if you're on a budget you can get a Chromecast Audio that'll also allow you to group two rooms. There's about a 5x cost gap between the two options. I prefer Sonos as it gives you significantly more flexibility and more options for expansion.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On ‎06‎-‎05‎-‎2018 at 12:25 PM, skywake said:

@KAN1102

The article you linked to really only lists two options. Their first option is to wire speakers directly to an AMP/Receiver of some kind that can handle more than one set of speaker outputs. They then split that into three options which, when push comes to shove, all involve running speaker cables to individual speakers throughout your house. Their second option is to use some kind of multi-room audio solution that takes advantage of your home network to group separate sets of speakers together. Which they've for some reason split into WiFi, Powerline, Ethernet and then listed again by itself for good measure.

Personally? I think getting a commercial piece of hardware that does the multi-room audio stuff is better than running speaker cables. Especially for home use. Of these options? Sonos is probably the best and for this use case you'd get a pair of Sonos Connects. But if you're on a budget you can get a Chromecast Audio that'll also allow you to group two rooms. There's about a 5x cost gap between the two options. I prefer Sonos as it gives you significantly more flexibility and more options for expansion.

thanks...I would look into sony or vizio instead as sonos is quite expensive

if you use an artcessories head amp 4 this will split your phone signal into 4 different outputs with separate volume control. the only problem is you will have to use a 3.5mm or a 1/4". also you will have to use multiple systems linked together if you have more than 4 speakers

laptop:

Toshiba L875D

CPU: AMD A-series A6-4400M

Storage: 640 GB

RAM: 16 GB, DDR3 SDRAM

GPU: Radeon HD 7520G

10 hours ago, robloxxenialator said:

ok..thanks