Request to Linus Tech Tips

19 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I actually lurk here a lot.

Personally my favorite chair is a Maxnomic one. They've changed their stupid naming scheme, which makes it hard to track down the exact model, but I believe it's this one: http://www.needforseatusa.com/computer_gaming_chair_leader_orange

With that said, you really should sit in a chair before you buy it.

I used to have that chair, it felt like I was sitting on bricks. My point is that you should sit on chairs before buying them, as it is highly personal preference.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:04 AM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

a gaming chair is a chair that fits ur bum and body nice,   gaming chairs are just a big gimmick other then that

Can confirm, I got a dxracer one after seeing it highly praised in a review. My previous 10+ year old office chair was just as comfortable. Big regret, I want to buy a normal office chair eventually - this wasn't even worth half the price.

My personal favorite is the Vertagear SL4000 but it only works well if you have a very slim chair.  Also the Maxnomic Office Comfort is really sick - gotta love adjustable lumbar support.

Height, body type, weight, and ... well you sitting style all has a part to play.

You need to sit in a chair before buying, both your butt AND your back will thank you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, Strategic said:

He has 7 videos on chairs, I think it is enough as chairs are not really tech its just a chair. Just search on YouTube linus chair and you'll find some videos.

You can get an actual Recaro second hand reclining car seat and mate it to a stand, it will be 100x more comfortable and durable than these "gaming" chairs.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

• 3 years later...

Updated after 2 years of use, seems I need a new chair now. This chair can't handle my ass (my weight is 90kg).

izi77in.png

16 hours ago, Strategic said:

Updated after 2 years of use, seems I need a new chair now. This chair can't handle my ass (my weight is 90kg).

izi77in.png

That looks more like fake-leather wearing off than actual weight issue. You can also see wear on arm-rests. Saying this from actual high-end office chair I bought used 15 years ago (my weight being 90-105kg). Granted, I have applied some leather conditioner at one time to it. And its just last year started to show signs of aging. Arm rests collapsing a bit, leather might need new coating of that conditioner, wheels need to be changed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

That looks more like fake-leather wearing off than actual weight issue. You can also see wear on arm-rests. Saying this from actual high-end office chair I bought used 15 years ago (my weight being 90-105kg). Granted, I have applied some leather conditioner at one time to it. And its just last year started to show signs of aging. Arm rests collapsing a bit, leather might need new coating of that conditioner, wheels need to be changed.

The reason I'm updating it, because back then when I was searching for a nice comfortable chair. I never could find any proper before and after screenshots of after 2 years of moderate/heavy use and basically went blind  for already 4 times. 

My first and second chair I bought was from Staples like a 80-110 euro fake leather chair both wear off after 6 months making my room all messy with fake leather stuff on the floor. Obviously I kept using it for 1-1,5 year, because it was comfortable and didn't have the money to buy a new chair. Later on I used a PU-leather chair from germany, I don't remember the brand but it was a office chair and cost me €140-150 euros (yellow stripe in the middle and best comfort of all chairs) that one survived 1+ year and after that the fake leather started to fall off and after 2 years I replaced it with this chair.

So maxnomic chairs or chairs from needforseat.de are not good enough for me for the money I spent on it, considering it cost me around €400. I don't want to make the jump for a herman miller chair at €1000+ and second hand is as expensive in europe. So I will end up looking for a €200-400 chair that probably doesn't use fake leather at all. 

I might try noble chair with real leather or something else with real leather. Or choose one of the chairs that topped in gamersnexus chair review with the blue seat.