Battery powered Nuc in backpack for learning to program C# anywhere

Disfikurd

I figured this would be a good place to share my new build idea that I will be completing soon. I recently purchased a 30,000 mah battery pack, a bare bones Chinese nuc with an i7 8550u and I added 32 GB of sodimm 2400mhz ddr4 ram along with an nvme m.2 512GB ssd, a tap strap keyboard and mouse, and a royole moon wearable display. I will be carrying the computer and battery in a light backpack. I am also running Archlabs linux on the nuc. I will then put on the royole moon to use as a monitor and I will control the computer with the tap. I want to use this computer to learn programming and because of that I have installed the jet brains rider ide along with mono and dotnet core. I also have a good ebook on c# that I will be reading on the moon headset. I'll post an update with pictures once the system is ready later today.

UPDATE:

Sorry I've taken so long to follow up. I needed to get a bluetooth 5.0 dongle for the tap to work. Unfortunately my tap's mouse sensor is also malfunctioning. I had a very hard time scrolling on the computer, but once I get the replacement it should work and make the setup usable. Everything else is working and with the tap keyboard function and a normal mouse I was able to use the computer while in a backpack on battery. I have a few pictures of the final thing below. I will update this thread again once I get the new tap device and discuss the usability of this setup.

MqiGypO.jpg

GjI8m38.jpg

H6JGRUl.jpg

Cool idea, but you do know there exist things called laptops right?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

royole moon wearable display

The display seems to be 1080p and you will have so ensure the window is further away to prevent excessive eye movement (as if you were very close to a screen). This will noticeably decrease the resolution you can use as the window will have to be smaller and centered.

11 hours ago, tikker said:

Cool idea, but you do know there exist things called laptops right?

Yes, however I wanted something more immersive with the functionality of a full computer. This setup was the best solution for what I wanted to achieve. 

11 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

The display seems to be 1080p and you will have so ensure the window is further away to prevent excessive eye movement (as if you were very close to a screen). This will noticeably decrease the resolution you can use as the window will have to be smaller and centered.

According to the manufacturer the display appears to be an "800 inch" cinema display. Because it appears as a gigantic far display, I would think that full screen windows could be viewed comfortably without excessive eye movement. It would be like watching a movie in a cinema while sitting high up in the middle. The full display should be comfortably visible.

16 minutes ago, Disfikurd said:

Yes, however I wanted something more immersive with the functionality of a full computer. This setup was the best solution for what I wanted to achieve. 

Ah I didn't realize what the Royole Moon was. That's different from a laptop indeed :P I don't think I would enjoy programming with that though, but that's just me.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB