Half of the image cut off

DtrollMC
Go to solution Solved by rentaspoon,
On 28/04/2018 at 6:04 PM, DtrollMC said:

Shame! All of my monitors are at my parents house, I wouldn't even really have room for one until I move into my new apartment. I'll check out the TV settings and see what I can do though! Really miss this game!

And I'll def check out the discord!

Try 720p and see if it still happens, I believe it's something to do with the overscan options, failing that see if your TV supports point to point referencing, usually under aspect ratio

Had the same issue on my tv

Hey all! So I just got my desktop running up again, and I'm ready to play some demanding games. So I download Star Citizen, get it running, when a third of the screen is cut off. Has anyone else experienced this? It is cut off in such a way that I'm unable to change any graphical settings in-game.image.thumb.png.495f0b74aa996376e92ec5511a933543.png

Ironically, printscreen does not capture the issue.

First time I hear anyone mention this one. What are your specs? Especially your GPU, monitor and native resolution?

I know my RAM is not up to snuff, as I only have 8GB and always get the message saying to get more. 

As for everything else;

CPU - Intel i5 6600

GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix

Monitor - Westinghouse TV, resolution of 1920x1080. I do notice that the TV flashes and tells me it's running in 1080i when the game launches tho. Perhaps that is something to do with it?

@DtrollMC

I'd say it's the TV. The resolution itself it common enough, but 1080i i is a different scan type than 1080p. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs haven't even began optimizing for that, if they ever would... some PC games get released without ever being compatible with interlaced (i) scanning.

I would suggest checking your TV's serrings to see if you can coerce it to display the game in 1080p instead of i. If I'm right, that should fix it. If the TV doesn't have that option, then a proper monitor would do the trick.

Btw feel free to join us on the  UOLTT discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17

21 minutes ago, Corwin111 said:

@DtrollMC

I'd say it's the TV. The resolution itself it common enough, but 1080i i is a different scan type than 1080p. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs haven't even began optimizing for that, if they ever would... some PC games get released without ever being compatible with interlaced (i) scanning.

I would suggest checking your TV's serrings to see if you can coerce it to display the game in 1080p instead of i. If I'm right, that should fix it. If the TV doesn't have that option, then a proper monitor would do the trick.

Btw feel free to join us on the  UOLTT discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17

Shame! All of my monitors are at my parents house, I wouldn't even really have room for one until I move into my new apartment. I'll check out the TV settings and see what I can do though! Really miss this game!

On 28/04/2018 at 6:04 PM, DtrollMC said:

Try 720p and see if it still happens, I believe it's something to do with the overscan options, failing that see if your TV supports point to point referencing, usually under aspect ratio

4 hours ago, rentaspoon said:

Downgrading the res worked. I alt-tabbed to windows settings, went to 1280x720, alt-tabbed back, it was fixed. Changed in-game res to 720, then reset the windows res back to 1080. Cheers spoon!

No problem sir just check your graphics control panel and see if you can edit the overscan