So I ordered a razer phone

Hi everyone,

I want to start off by telling you that I do not currently own or have ever owned a "smart phone" mobile phone, the reason for this is due to me having a prior gambling issue with online slots ect, having been now 6 years gamble free and my daughter breaking my old Sony Ericsson K810i I was starting to look at getting a "smart phone".

My wife had an iphone 5s and she was due an upgrade so we went into the local 3 store and she changed to an iPhone se (she loves the size of this phone she did try out the 6s and 7 but found them too big), when we got home we received an email about inviting a family member to join them for a good discount, so after some live chat and further discounts for my wife being with them for over 10 years they have sold me a Razer phone 64gb version, the contract includes 12GB of 4g data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, the price for this would normally be £30 a month for 24 months plus a one off fee of £49 for the phone(total price: £769), the lovely lady offered me the phone with no upfront cost and a monthly cost of £16 a month for 24 months (total price: £384). I was really pleased with this and seemed the best phone available at a price point of under £25 a month. 

I am quite excited about getting this phone delivered tomorrow, now here comes to the reason for this post.

I have seen linus's reviews and thoughts over on the floatplane forum, whilst he was impressed with the speakers and screen the other flaws don't seem to affect me much except maybe the Camera, linus puts it down to the stock software, but doesn't really give a good alternative, so could someone recommend good camera software for this phone that will enhance the cameras? 

Also are there any other 'apps' that you would recommend I get that is not included to enhance my experience with what will be my first 'Smart Phone'?

I look forward to some reply's and thank you kindly in advance.

poweramp is a must imo

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The buttons on the case are pretty gross, see if you can get a case that makes them feel less mushy.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Wow. Good job on the gambling addiction! Good that you took the extra step of not owning a smartphone.

As for useful apps.. apps a bit over the top for my photos. It always added a fake software layer to make it look better than the stock android phone camera. I just take the pictures my phone camera and edit it in photoshop later.Poweramp is a good app. I don't use it as much as I used to, because I have all my music on spotify.  

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

I have looked into the Poweramp app and to be honest I use plex for streaming my music and videos so i can't see me using that app. 

10 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

Wow. Good job on the gambling addiction! Good that you took the extra step of not owning a smartphone.

Thanks, its been hard but the rewards reap themselves including saving my marriage.

I don't use a phone without Nova Launcher Prime. I don't think there's anything that will substantially improve the camera, but you could pay a few dollars to try one of the better camera apps. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Check XDA. Some phones with terrible cameras have seen the light that is hope with Gcam an other programs ported to them.