Computer not displaying video

deadshotdaddy

I just bought another stick of ram to add onto my other 8gb stick. I installed it into the B2 slot and turned on the pc but now its not showing video and the keyboard and mouse wont turn on, they were flickering on whenever i clicked but they stopped now. I made sure that I ordered an exact copy of the existing one

Try removing the RAM you just installed and reboot. Does the computer function normally then? If yes, then your new RAM module is bad and you need to seek a refund/RMA.

If the computer still does not switch on properly with the new RAM removed, then it's possible that you've bumped a cable loose while installing it. Make sure all cables are firmly inserted and that the power switch on the back of the PSU is switched on.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Try removing the RAM you just installed and reboot. Does the computer function normally then? If yes, then your new RAM module is bad and you need to seek a refund/RMA.

If the computer still does not switch on properly with the new RAM removed, then it's possible that you've bumped a cable loose while installing it. Make sure all cables are firmly inserted and that the power switch on the back of the PSU is switched on.

No it turns on but nothing is being displayed, I removed the new stick and tried booting with the old one and the same problem still occurs. I also checked all connections 

Just now, deadshotdaddy said:

No it turns on but nothing is being displayed, I removed the new stick and tried booting with the old one and the same problem still occurs. I also checked all connections 

If it turns on and runs (fans spinning) but there is no display, it could be a GPU problem. Make sure the cables from the GPU to the monitor are plugged in properly both at the GPU and the monitor. Make sure the GPU is also seated correctly in its PCIe slot.

Also try switching the system off at the power supply, draining the power by turning the power button on (should turn on for a second or two then switch off once the power is drained), then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. After a few minutes reinsert the battery and switch the power back on and restart the machine. This will clear the CMOS and reset the BIOS in case something went wrong with it trying to pick up the new ram stick.

15 minutes ago, deadshotdaddy said:

Could it be the motherboard?

If it was working before it's unlikely to be the motherboard. However it is possible, though highly unlikely, that there may have been a short on the motherboard that killed it when you were installing the new RAM.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

If it turns on and runs (fans spinning) but there is no display, it could be a GPU problem. Make sure the cables from the GPU to the monitor are plugged in properly both at the GPU and the monitor. Make sure the GPU is also seated correctly in its PCIe slot.

Also try switching the system off at the power supply, draining the power by turning the power button on (should turn on for a second or two then switch off once the power is drained), then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. After a few minutes reinsert the battery and switch the power back on and restart the machine. This will clear the CMOS and reset the BIOS in case something went wrong with it trying to pick up the new ram stick.

If it was working before it's unlikely to be the motherboard. However it is possible, though highly unlikely, that there may have been a short on the motherboard that killed it when you were installing the new RAM.

So I removed the cmos battery and checked all connections to make sure they are secure and the problem persists. Still doesnt display only fans and lights come on