Chrome - How to lower _all_ video quality and kill html5 bg videos in order to save on bandwidth?

Hi all,

My first post here, please be kind.. I just signed up for the 99 cent for 2 months special over at skillshare that Linus advertised in one of his videos today.  I quickly realized that everything is in HD and they would quickly kill my hotspot allowance if i take all the classes i want.  They apparently have no customer service ( that i could find )...

So Youtube lets me choose my default video quality which i set to 360 ( still looks and sounds great because, well - it's youtube magic, i guess ).

Since I regularly use my cell phones and tablets with mobile hotspot for my laptop when i am out and about. I was hoping there was a way to tell Chrome to:

1: permanently set max video quality to 360 ( i'm sure it doesn't really work that way but idk what to do here )

and 2: permanetly disable all BackGround HTML5 videos which in of themselves annoy the h.ll out of me lol

any help and suggestions are welcome, ty :D

- Rich

Adblock? And there are probably other addons to limit how elements are loaded. For videos most modern sites use automatic setting which is based of your download speed. So you'd need to limit that to get lower res videos. As players vary, there probably isn't any universal solution for forcing lower quality.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv