Why does everyone hate Razer?

Okay maybe "everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration,  but in the PC community where I'm at there's a general consensus that Razer products are sub-par.

I recently posted in a local pc enthusiast facebook group asking for opinions about which peripherals to get and the majority of replies told me to get anything

but Razer products. Is this an opinion many of you guys share? Why, why not?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

It's an opinion I hold because the only good Razer branded products I've used are Razer rebrands of products made by other companies. If Razer makes it, it has been garbage.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Okay maybe "everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration,  but in the PC community where I'm at there's a general consensus that Razer products are sub-par.

I recently posted in a local pc enthusiast facebook group asking for opinions about which peripherals to get and the majority of replies told me to get anything

but Razer products. Is this an opinion many of you guys share? Why, why not?

IMO....my personal experience with their peripherals has been that they have shoddy build quality.

I used to own a Razer Naga (the OG version) which was solid.  So I bought a wireless mouse.  A Momba I think.

That fucker used to just stop getting a wireless signal randomly for no reason.  or simply not be picked up at all by windows.

I gave up and got a G500s.... its still going strong to this day.  its 5 years old now... never had a single problem with it ever.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

generally yes, people do not like Razer here either. they don't believe in their own products, try to cover up flaws instead of fixing them, terrible customer service, way overpriced compared to the competition. i see no reason to get a razer product over anything else

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I will also add that every single peripheral i have purchased from Logitech has never done me wrong.

I had a G510 that only died because I spilled like a gallon of water on it.  I have logitech mice and webcams from the early 2000s that still work perfectly.  (they are shitty by todays standards and technology moved on which is why they got replaced, not because they are broken)

I have a MX ergo currently, a pair of G633s,  and a C920 Pro Stream... never had a single hiccup, error, driver failure.  they just work.

And im sure there is some guy that cant get logitech stuff to work right.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

generally yes, people do not like Razer here either. they don't believe in their own products, try to cover up flaws instead of fixing them, terrible customer service, way overpriced compared to the competition. i see no reason to get a razer product over anything else

Christ that sounds horrible.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Last time I had with Razer gear on demo, it felt hella cheap.

4 minutes ago, MedievalMatt said:

I will also add that every single peripheral i have purchased from Logitech has never done me wrong.

I had a G510 that only died because I spilled like a gallon of water on it.  I have logitech mice and webcams from the early 2000s that still work perfectly.  (they are shitty by todays standards and technology moved on which is why they got replaced, not because they are broken)

I have a MX ergo currently, a pair of G633s,  and a C920 Pro Stream... never had a single hiccup, error, driver failure.  they just work.

And im sure there is some guy that cant get logitech stuff to work right.

I'm on an Uber to the local tech shop right now, I guess I know which brand to get. The people here also seem to share the love for Logitech products.

I have a Razer keyboard and I like it a lot, but the fact that the switches are Cherry MX knock-offs does bother me.  I'd rather have the original, rather than a clone.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

I'm on an Uber to the local tech shop right now, I guess I know which brand to get. The people here also seem to share the love for Logitech products.

i wouldn't get a product based solely on brand, virtually every brand has a few bad products

i would directly compare and contrast your opinions, and with internet retails and specs and other details being right on the internet, it has never been easy to do such a simple task on a deeper level

6 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Corsair usually has some pretty solid peripherals as well. A friend of mine has owned both Logitech and Corsair keyboards and he can't pick a favorite

~Air Cooling Advocate~

2 minutes ago, General Winter said:

i wouldn't get a product based solely on brand, virtually every brand has a few bad products

i would directly compare and contrast your opinions, and with internet retails and specs and other details being right on the internet, it has never been easy to do such a simple task on a deeper level

I've been gathering opinions and experiences for a while now, Logitech is commonly renowned for their quality and customer service, at least among the people I've asked. I will still test the mice I plan on getting tho as they have some on display.

Just now, bleedblue said:

I've been gathering opinions and experiences for a while now, Logitech is commonly renowned for their quality and customer service, at least among the people I've asked. I will still test the mice I plan on getting tho as they have some on display.

i got a G4202 and the plastic on the mouse wheel started bubbling from normal use with 3-6 months from when it was brought; their headset (i forgot which one) i returned immediately cause they felt like bricks with the horribly cheap ear cushion

im not saying all their products are bad but don't rely on word of mouth alone, its not a good idea, especially if you are putting in top dollar into these products, you're much better off researching then buying something and regretting it later on, god knows thats the alienware experience in a nutshell for me

Razer products have very bad quality, and are extremely overpriced. They put more money and effort into the looks instead of the performance imo

Razer has a bad rep for overpricing, making things that look 'cool' or marketing bad features like excessively high DPI on mice, and for making things that break.

1 hour ago, Paranoid Kami said:

Razer has a bad rep for overpricing, making things that look 'cool' or marketing bad features like excessively high DPI on mice, and for making things that break.

16,000 DPI. I swear if someone uses this for a whole week... Absolutely unnecessary.

Unless someone plays on cinema screens lmao

35 minutes ago, Froug said:

16,000 DPI. I swear if someone uses this for a whole week... Absolutely unnecessary.

Unless someone plays on cinema screens lmao

afc.jpg

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

Razer's mice are overpriced, but good.  Their keyboard switches are horrible.

Razer is overly focused on advertising, RGB, edgy buzz-words and conspicuousness.  Just like Linus's channel.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

On 4/23/2018 at 9:47 PM, bleedblue said:

Sad to say this but the trashing is actually true. I bought my first mechanical keyboard (Stealth Widow) and it just stopped working out of nowhere after 4 months of usage. 

The RMA went smoothly with not much hassle, even so, its a real pain to pack it up and send it off. Furthermore, there's still the downtime of waiting for the thing to come back which i couldn't afford because of work. 

Simply put, there's so many similar offerings that there's no reason to go with Razor.

I now use Corsair because i love the open design for easy cleaning and the volume rolly thing is a godsend compared to pressing a button.

I have a 2008 see-through Diamondback that's still going strong. I love it, very comfortable to use (for me), and shows no signs of breaking so far. With that said, I hear their quality has gone down in recent years.

I'd try and see how a few feel in a shop, and go off that. I definitely wouldn't put Razer at the top of the list, but personally I wouldn't fully discount them either.

On 25/04/2018 at 11:46 AM, minervx said:

Razer is overly focused on advertising, RGB, edgy buzz-words and conspicuousness.

Image result for razer backpack tactical ad

Tech Specs

• Made from robust 1680D ballistic nylon
  • Tear- and water-resistant exterior
  • Scratch proof interior
  • Soft padded shoulder straps and back panel
  • Adjustable chest buckle
  • 2 large interior compartments
  • Interior 17.3” laptop divider and headphone holder
  • Medium-sized front utility pocket with accessories organizer
  • 2 small modular front pockets
  • 2 small side pockets for easy access
  • Velcro modular webbing front
  • Hidden underside pocket compartment with weather proof bag cover

Case in point

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Is this only for their peripherals? The LMG team seem to like the Razer Blades from what I've seen on the WAN Show?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

6 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Is this only for their peripherals? The LMG team seem to like the Razer Blades from what I've seen on the WAN Show?

Perhaps paid promotion?

Anyway, I used to have a Razer mouse quite a while ago, it lasted me a few weeks.

Needless to say, I went to Logitech, Microsoft (yes their peripherals are great and cheap), and Corsair afterwards with no issues whatsoever.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, Ezzy-525 said:

On 4/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, NMS said:

Perhaps paid promotion?

Anyway, I used to have a Razer mouse quite a while ago, it lasted me a few weeks.

Needless to say, I went to Logitech, Microsoft (yes their peripherals are great and cheap), and Corsair afterwards with no issues whatsoever.

In the Razer Blade 4K Review video, Linus goes over all the problems they have had with their Blades.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!