Why does everyone hate Razer?

Over the years I've had two razer products and to be honest I couldn't be happier. 

1 Naga molten. Lasted 6 years then the left click got mushey, it still works and I have it in my laptop bag now. 

2 Tiamat 7.1. Must be about 6 and a half years old and still great although it feels flimsy it has stood the test of time well and I'll be disappointed when it finally does break. 

I gess it's just personal preference I would never buy a razer keyboard as I hate their switch but each to there own. 

for me its the build quality I don't like, for the price of there v2 keyboard it felt like a 50£ one from amazon.... They say "for gamers, by gamers" when we all know that a load of crap, its just a hyped up name by pro gamers and YT tech channels/gaming channels

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

• 5 months later...

Razer mouses are good except Deathadder series. 

Others are bad. 

"Gamer" Aesthetics especially on the earlier products look shit

Bad build quality for a high price (Very Thin Laser Ablated ABS keycaps and plastic backplate mounted switches) 
Non Standard Bottom Row
Some mice use bad quality sensors like the PTE sensor

Early razer green switches had reliability and consistency issues 
"Clicky" Switches are not very tactile 

I've owned 6 Naga mice so far. I bought the first one they made like a month after it came out. It lasted about 9 months before the left click button gave out. They replaced it with no issue. I used that for a few years until I upgraded to the one with the mechanical thumbkeys. That one worked fine for a few years until I upgraded to the Naga Chroma. That one I had to RMA twice before I got one that didn't have some kind of hardware issue. So, out of the 6 I've owned, 3 have had broken hardware within its warranty. The RMA process with them was always smooth though. I've never had any problems with their customer support.

I've also owned two Razer keyboards. The first was the Blackwidow Stealth with the Cherry browns. It was a great keyboard; no issues. I even accidently poured a cup of water into it while I was using it. I unplugged it, drained the water out, and propped it up against a box fan overnight. I used it for about 4 more months without any problems until I upgraded to the Blackwidow Chroma, the one with the equivalent Razer keys (I think orange). I haven't had any issues with this one. The keys feel different than the browns, but not in a bad way. I like it.

The part I really hated about Razer was their software; Synapse 2. That was a hot mess. For about 3 years it would work for like a month, then stop working for about 6 months until a big update came out and it worked again for a month or so, then stopped. Eventually, I contacted customer support and talked to them for like 3 weeks about it. I gave up when they came full circle and asked me to uninstall/reinstall it again. Once Synapse 3 became available for my stuff, I went with that. I haven't had any issues anymore.

I can see why people hate on Razer. I was hating on them for a while. I tried to search for a replacement for my Naga during all that software mess, but never found one that I liked.

I had a razer deathadder for about 4 years, no problems. Had a blackwidow for some 8 years I think, no problem ever (CRTL-L key seems like dieing in the next couple of months). Even came with synapse pro for free, which I liked a lot.

Only product from razer I dislike is that mousepad, vesputula or whatever. 

I owned the logitech g19 however and absolutely hated it. Personal preference I guess. 

I also have the RBS 2018 model, never had any problem with it. 

On 4/24/2018 at 3:47 AM, bleedblue said:

Okay maybe "everyone" is a bit of an exaggeration,  but in the PC community where I'm at there's a general consensus that Razer products are sub-par.

I recently posted in a local pc enthusiast facebook group asking for opinions about which peripherals to get and the majority of replies told me to get anything

but Razer products. Is this an opinion many of you guys share? Why, why not?

I like them