Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit) - ISO File

Canada EH

I have a pc here that I am working on which needs a clean install of W7 o/s.

Went to MS website for W7 d/l and entered the key

Message came up stating "Pre-Installed by device manufacturer, please contact them"

It was purchased from Bestbuy Canada as a refurbished pc a long time ago.

How can I get the ISO file to reinstall a fresh copy of the o/s

I found this site

http://windowsiso.net/windows-7-iso/windows-7-download/

but I dont know if its legit

If it is then how do I check their ISO to the original MS ISO?

It's legit.

I think you cannot check since Microsoft didn't release Windows 7 public for download like Windows 8/10

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I have a pc here that I am working on which needs a clean install of W7 o/s.

Went to MS website for W7 d/l and entered the key

Message came up stating "Pre-Installed by device manufacturer, please contact them"

It was purchased from Bestbuy Canada as a refurbished pc a long time ago.

How can I get the ISO file to reinstall a fresh copy of the o/s

I found this site

http://windowsiso.net/windows-7-iso/windows-7-download/

but I dont know if its legit

If it is then how do I check their ISO to the original MS ISO?

As long as you have a valid key and have bought it at some point in time it is legit.

2 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

As long as you have a valid key and have bought it at some point in time it is legit.

Yes the sticker for the W7 o/s key is on the pc, Best Buy Canada would not sell it if it wasnt all legit.

How do I go about checking to see if that websites ISO is the exact same as Microsofts?

I dont want a hacked ISO

Oh I didnt see your post when I responded, hehehehehe.

2 minutes ago, Od1sseas said:

It's legit.

I think you cannot check since Microsoft didn't release Windows 7 public for download like Windows 8/10

Just now, Joelsome said:

i think the OP is more concerned about the ISO file being legit or if the site has a history of distributing isos with god knows what modded into them. 

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Yes the sticker for the W7 o/s key is on the pc, Best Buy Canada would not sell it if it wasnt all legit.

How do I go about checking to see if that websites ISO is the exact same as Microsofts?

I dont want a hacked ISO

if you were realy worried, you can get ultimate for 2 pounds on eBay

Just now, Joelsome said:

if you were realy worried, you can get ultimate for 2 pounds on eBay

Oh yeah I guess I could also use Kinguin or however its spelled out.

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

i think the OP is more concerned about the ISO file being legit or if the site has a history of distributing isos with god knows what modded into them. 

i have never had an ISO that has been modded, and i have downloaded them about 5 times now. I might just be lucky but...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-what-are-my-options-for-obtaining-windows-7/528163c1-0b2e-4ad2-a26d-7112851d1dc2

Update: You can use the following solution to download ISO media for Windows 7, which will work with any Windows 7 key.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

which mentions heidoc

OK Its downloaded

File name is Windows ISO Downloader.exe

I havent done an ISO since pre-Vista

What now?

I get this message

This file is currently unavailable. Please check again later.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-what-are-my-options-for-obtaining-windows-7/528163c1-0b2e-4ad2-a26d-7112851d1dc2

which mentions heidoc

OK Its downloaded

What now?

Well... I thought you were downloading an ISO file... not an EXE.. If it ends with .iso, download rufus and burn it with that to a USB

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

which mentions heidoc

OK Its downloaded

What now?

download the iso and save it somewhere. If you need to install using a dvd, your next step is just to burn it to a dvd and then boot from it.

If you wanna install it from usb which is very recommended since it saves a lot of time, then the iso downloader can make one directly (your usb stick will be wiped and needs to be 8gb+), or alternatively you can just save the iso somewhere then make the bootable usb using something like rufus from https://rufus.akeo.ie/

edit: The file you downloaded is just a useful utility to download a new iso, so once you run it the options should be fairly self-explanatory.

3 minutes ago, Tabs said:

download the iso and save it somewhere. If you need to install using a dvd, your next step is just to burn it to a dvd and then boot from it.

If you wanna install it from usb which is very recommended since it saves a lot of time, then the iso downloader can make one directly (your usb stick will be wiped and needs to be 8gb+), or alternatively you can just save the iso somewhere then make the bootable usb using something like rufus from https://rufus.akeo.ie/

I edited my previous post.

I added this

I get this message

This file is currently unavailable. Please check again later.

I can d/l it in French, the pull down menu is called Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Upgrade

What does that mean, in terms of O/S usage? Like Start Menu and Help all in french, that aint gunna fly.

I added this

I can d/l it in French, the pull down menu is called Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Upgrade

What does that mean, in terms of O/S usage?

that is an upgrade to the base windows 7.

1 minute ago, Joelsome said:

that is an upgrade to the base windows 7.

yeah but it only comes in Korean and French.

I will keep plugging away at it.

What does that mean, in terms of O/S usage?

I don't exactly know what you're asking - it's just telling you that the iso it will download already contains Service Pack 1, and it contains the upgraded installer hotfix which caused the original SP1 installer to fail to work in some cases. Once installed, you'll still need to install all the patches released since SP1 came out, which is quite a lot.

W7 Pro SP1 gives message

QUOTE - This file is currently unavailable. Please check again later.

Choose W7 Pro SP1 Upgrade - Language choices are French and Korean

I click on French and it moves me onto next step of the process.

image.thumb.png.f2e2250b362e7a8f96ef77c7bec5898d.png

image.thumb.png.becfd10659a8e474e091346b196e4b15.png

image.thumb.png.30f6554f8095b9cf5169c2da659a7bd5.png

W7 Pro SP1 gives message

image.thumb.png.f2e2250b362e7a8f96ef77c7bec5898d.png

Have you tried the google docs link. I can vouch for it working as i paid 5 Pounds for the key...

Just now, Canada EH said:

W7 Pro SP1 gives message

Ahhh, that looks like a third-party tool that hooks into the Digital River backend, but unfortunately Microsoft has disabled most of those links from working. Ever since they updated their site to require entering a key to enable links, tools like that don't work properly anymore.

Yes, if you downloaded the french version using that, everything including the start menu and stuff would be in french. You would be able to install a MUI after install that would give you the english version, but you'd need to navigate the os in french first until then, including the actual install itself and the OOBE.

Ahhh, that looks like a third-party tool that hooks into the Digital River backend, but unfortunately Microsoft has disabled most of those links from working. Ever since they updated their site to require entering a key to enable links, tools like that don't work properly anymore.

Yes, if you downloaded the french version using that, everything including the start menu and stuff would be in french. You would be able to install a MUI after install that would give you the english version, but you'd need to navigate the os in french first until then, including the actual install itself and the OOBE.

Thanks so much, yeah I am d/l'ing the French Version, its 3GB. Then doing what you say the MUI to english.

It would be easyer to just download it in english... 

https://www.cheapercodes.com/Windows-7-Professional-Activation-Key-Guide-Alt.pdf

that is a link to a PDF which contains all the download links and install instructions i got when i purchased the OS.