Are there any benifit of compressing C Drive?

WIndows give option to compress entire drive, is it actually good to compress it? Or it will cause huge latency problem?

Probably not, as the cpu needs to do work to uncompress all the files you want to access, causing latency.

I would only compress the archival drive, and even then out of a 1TB drive the compression only saved about 50gb or so of space in my case, not worth the hassle.

Don't compress the C drive, I did that when I was a kid on our ibm aptiva and the thing never worked right after that.

It's far better to add a drive or upgrade a drive than compress.  I'd think compressing is only for archiving

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

I'd only do it if space is that much of a concern to you.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can compress individual folders.  Simply compress Program Files and less important folders from the Windows installation, like everything but those big folders with lots of DLL files in them (system32 , syswow64, whatever they're called in windows 10).

At least on Windows 7, there's a MIcrosoft.NET folder and assembly folder which holds various .Net runtimes which are accessed only when you start a .net application and then basically the files are cached in RAM, so you can safely compress that for some savings.

There's an Installer folder which holds the uninstallers for various programs you install and backups of all windows updates... often that's hundreds of MB if not GB in size after several applications are installed - that one I often just move to another drive and create a junction to it with SysInternals Suite junction.exe

Some applications like Mozilla Thunderbird or Firefox default to storing their data on C: drive, I also move those folders to another drive and create junctions ( invisible redirects) to the new locations.