Sort of test: onboard vs Xonar D2X

Lauen

so after a while of being around here, reading almost all threads and such, I've wanted to conduct tests for myself, to see if you pros out here really do know your shit. 

so, I installed the drivers for my onboard, (motherboard is Sabertooth 990FX R2, Realtek ALC892 audio) and the Unified drivers for the D2X, and then set the onboard to standard, so that if I plug in there, it plays the sounds there, and if I then plug into the D2X, it will send the audio there, due to the Sense technology in the onboard ports (which I sort of want in my soundcard). 

so I just put on one of my newer loves, TesseracT (in flac fyi), the song Of Mind - Nocturne, and also the song Live it Up by Airborne, and Trust by Megadeth. do you really expect me to put links in here? no way. 

so I switched back and forth several times during one song, then listened to an entire song on onboard, then on the D2X, after half an hour of this, I had set my mind. there really is next to no difference. the only thing I can say, not even sure, is that the D2X has a tiny tiny tiny bit of bass more than the onboard, and the onboard has a tiny bit of higs more. 

but in all honesty, now I don't know what to do with my D2X. maybe I'll just keep it as a backup if I need to. use MIDI stuff or if somethings broken, I guess.. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Just needed to add this: My motherboard is an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2, which has Realtek ALC892 audio. 

you should edit that into the OP post

Hmmm, don't want to say I told you so.

But I told you so.

nar na ne nar na...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.