Benefits of custom loop without overclocking

What are all of the pros and cons you can think of if I want to build a custom loop without overclocking anything? 

con:

maintenance

could completely ruin your hardware if you don't know what you're doing 

~Air Cooling Advocate~

Pro: it's fun to make, design and tinker with your hardware if you are an enthusiast.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, Virtualnate said:

What are all of the pros and cons you can think of if I want to build a custom loop without overclocking anything? 

Exactly the same as with overclocking. Because you can OC just fine on aircooling. (OC within regular enthusiast limits)

So: Looks, silence, tech factor, extreme awesomeness. Also, money sinks are good. 

Biggest con: It's a money sink, also, maintenance. 

You can create a much bigger cooling surface with the radiators and make a super quiet setup.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:26 AM, daimonie said:

Exactly the same as with overclocking. Because you can OC just fine on aircooling. (OC within regular enthusiast limits)

So: Looks, silence, tech factor, extreme awesomeness. Also, money sinks are good. 

Biggest con: It's a money sink, also, maintenance. 

I actually tried overclocking but to no avail. I have 2 front 140mm intakes 1 140mm top exhaust and 2 120mm rear in a push/pull config. I got the blue screen. Right now my computer sits around 35c at idle. What Temps should I expect at idle with a custom loop WITHOUT overclocking? 

17 hours ago, Virtualnate said:

I actually tried overclocking but to no avail. I have 2 front 140mm intakes 1 140mm top exhaust and 2 120mm rear in a push/pull config. I got the blue screen. Right now my computer sits around 35c at idle. What Temps should I expect at idle with a custom loop WITHOUT overclocking? 

Blue screen at what temps? That sounds a lot more like an issue with your overclock than a cooling issue. 

Custom loop idle is ambient plus a few degrees more but lowering it from an already low 35 isn't going to do anything 

That's an F in the profile pic

Pros:

Aesthetics

Fun to do

Silence

Cons:

Expensive

Some risk involved when inexperienced

Maintenance (for some people a con, others embrace it as part of the hobby)

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B