Apple Won't Repair I-Mac Pro Reality

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

They are willing to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. Nobody is asking Apple to do this for free and no matter how much they might have messed up the screen or other parts they should have either been denied originally or charged more to the extra parts to fix it.

just because someone is willing to pay for something doesn't magically make it happen. Seems like apple would really have to get out of their way as there is no easy fix right now and I am really amazed by how much Linus thinks they deserve apple's priority vip whatever treatment because they did something extremely stupid. Especially the way they blew everything up in their video (I mean they are known for that stuff and we enjoy it most of the time) is really questionable. I dont understand what you mean by denied originally?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

8 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

just because someone is willing to pay for something doesn't magically make it happen. Seems like apple would really have to get out of their way as there is no easy fix right now and I am really amazed by how much Linus thinks they deserve apple's priority vip whatever treatment because they did something extremely stupid. Especially the way they blew everything up in their video (I mean they are known for that stuff and we enjoy it most of the time) is really questionable. I dont understand what you mean by denied originally?

So expecting a company to not hold a product for 2 to 3 months and then just saying "Nah, we can't do anything" is "expecting priority support"? If they were told originally when they brought it in that it couldn't be fixed or heck, even a couple weeks after bringing it in that it couldn't be fixed I'm pretty sure things would have turned out differently. Had they been told that Apple lacked the support structure in Canada to fix it then things could have turned out differently but instead the store held onto the product for I think 3 months (maybe 2.5) and then just said they weren't going to fix it. That's not expecting priority support, that's expecting basic common courtesy and customer service.

Had the rep or even someone else been better at communicating things along the way I doubt we'd have the video we have that caused all these issues. Sure, LTT dun goofed, but asking for something to be fixed in a reasonable timeframe and fully expecting to pay out of pocket for the fix isn't absurd either.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

40 minutes ago, Lurick said:

So expecting a company to not hold a product for 2 to 3 months and then just saying "Nah, we can't do anything" is "expecting priority support"? If they were told originally when they brought it in that it couldn't be fixed or heck, even a couple weeks after bringing it in that it couldn't be fixed I'm pretty sure things would have turned out differently. Had they been told that Apple lacked the support structure in Canada to fix it then things could have turned out differently but instead the store held onto the product for I think 3 months (maybe 2.5) and then just said they weren't going to fix it. That's not expecting priority support, that's expecting basic common courtesy and customer service.

Had the rep or even someone else been better at communicating things along the way I doubt we'd have the video we have that caused all these issues. Sure, LTT dun goofed, but asking for something to be fixed in a reasonable timeframe and fully expecting to pay out of pocket for the fix isn't absurd either.

Sure, there was some miscommunication, but you gotta agree that by opening it up and breaking almost everything inside they clearly lost their right to service. The whole way communications where handled is another issue I believe and probably because a sales rep didn't get what the tech guys were saying. But you see that stuff a lot in other companies as well.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

No. Breaking stuff those NOT lost you the right to get service. It will deny you the right to get it fixed under warrenty, but that's it.
If we'll' keep the comparison to cars, where i live a dealer has to keep parts (or order them for you) 7 years after the Last car was sold. even if i tried to replace the camshaft myself and somehow broke the engine, or even drive the car straight into a wall. 

A manufacturer have to supply replacements parts for his product, for his own good. How many of you would buy a 5,000$ PC (or car, ac unit or anything else) that cannot be repaired if damaged, no matter the circumstances? 

Anyway, the problem here is that Apple admits they can't fix the Mac pro nor have parts for it. What if it broke on it's own and was cover under warranty? a costumer would have to wait months? remember, this is a product aimed at professionals who use those machines for a living. Every minute a machine is out of order cost them money.

PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | Asus ROG B350-i Gaming | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Corsair CX650M | G.SKILL RIPJAW 16GB 3000Mhz | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB AIO | SK Hynix SC308 256GB M.2 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | Fractal Design Define Nano S

Peripherals:

Red Dragon K552 Kumara RGB | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | LG 29WK600-W 29" UltraWide | Razer Kraken USB 

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, I broke my GBA and Nintendo gave me a quote to fix the screen.  If I break an Apple device's screen the response is, "Buy a new one!"  Let's look at the reasons why there.  It generates more money towards them than repairing.  Wanna take it to someone else?  They will sue the shit out of them because money!  So, Apple can go fuck themselves.

you didn't get it.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Pardon, but I don't think 3 months would be considered "priority". I think it may be synonymous with if you got a flat tire. Instead of fixing the tire, you're forced to replace the whole car because "they can't fix the tire".

They're wanting a fix - not just for themselves, but for everybody else as well.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

17 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

Simple.

-snip-

I thought it was clear and obvious that I was simply point out that in comparing this to a car the damage is more than minor cracked windshield.

I never thought Apple’s position was the right course of action.

13 hours ago, Imbellis said:

Pardon, but I don't think 3 months would be considered "priority". I think it may be synonymous with if you got a flat tire. Instead of fixing the tire, you're forced to replace the whole car because "they can't fix the tire".

They're wanting a fix - not just for themselves, but for everybody else as well.

Well it isn’t anything like a flat tire is it? It’s not like their mouse broke and they need a spare until they can get another one paired.

But doesn’t make it right that they can’t get it repaired.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:15 AM, Lurick said:

They are willing to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. Nobody is asking Apple to do this for free and no matter how much they might have messed up the screen or other parts they should have either been denied originally or charged more to the extra parts to fix it.

the point is they go out of their way to make a company look bad, and continue too, LTT used to be about fun projects, now it's just pushing brands and shave clubs. Don't get me wrong, apple is the evil empire, as much as google and MS are, but Linus's inability to understand what attracts people to those platforms is just funny. That channel hasn't been for nerds though, not in years. Get your pom poms out. 

Just got the perfect thing to end this topic it joke just heads up.