Users don't want iOS to merge with MacOS, Apple chief says

DrMacintosh
30 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Makes me wonder why many rich executives and managers use Macs aside from being a status symbol

MacBooks still make Windows PC's look terrible. MBPs are very sleek and ergonomic. Average user isn't very concerned with performance or anything, just a neat looking lappy. 

Acer do make some very good looking laptops as well but tbh Macs have the reputation for design as well. People want to make people think they are ahead of the curve etc. 

Just now, RorzNZ said:

MacBooks still make Windows PC's look terrible. MBPs are very sleek and ergonomic. Average user isn't very concerned with performance or anything, just a neat looking lappy

Even users that are concerned about performance will buy a Mac, depending on what kind of performance we are talking about. 

If they are video editors FinalCut is the way to go. Unless they are doing some special editing that requires one of Premiere Pros more obscure features, Premiere simply sucks. 

(I’m still technically an Premiere Pro certified associate) 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

MacBooks still make Windows PC's look terrible. MBPs are very sleek and ergonomic. Average user isn't very concerned with performance or anything, just a neat looking lappy. 

Acer do make some very good looking laptops as well but tbh Macs have the reputation for design as well. People want to make people think they are ahead of the curve etc. 

And you can service them without breaking a million tiny plastic clips that hold it together, bonus points for the people that do have to open laptops from time to time.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

And you can service them without breaking a million tiny plastic clips that hold it together, bonus points for the people that do have to open laptops from time to time.

I freaking hate that! I cleaned out a friends sisters laptop for $20. It was overheating so I figured it would be a simple dust out and replacement of the thermal paste......it was more like 2 hours of work trying to figure out how to not break the thing.

(Not that I like to brag but I took that thing apart 100% and put it back together without any manuals or left over screws :P

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I lose the tiny screws though :(, although it was in like 2013, a while ago, since I had to service a Mac. Those MBP 13" were such an icon. Even had an SSD and 16GB of RAM in mine - they were super compatible too, they even accepted 1866MHz RAM. 

Such a long lifespan, a Late 2011 MBP can still be pretty fast by today's standards if you are a student like me who uses a $3k laptop to take notes. 

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

For a different reason but I can say that 10.6 aka Mac OS X Snow Leopard is one of the best Apple has ever released granted it was my first experience with a Mac with my 2011 MacBook Air. 

and as someone who downgraded back to it: It still is the best version of OSX and has nothing to envy from MacOS since majority of the feature are there kust to turn my MBP into an accessory for iDevices.

Spoiler

And in other downgrade news: Did you know that the iPhone 4S can be reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 from 9.3.5? Tried it a couple of days ago, if only i knew about it sooner, would have never bought the SE to replace it, if anything i would simply purchsed a new battery. Went from slow, painful experience, to fast, snappy and "safari can keep more than one tab without relaoading when switching back and forth or opening an other app". Other tests i did: Infinity Blade 1, 2 and 3 don't stutter at all compared to when running under iOS 9.3.5, there is no delay between pressing the home button and going back to home, Spotify 1.8 UI rocks can't believe i forgot how good, simple and clear it used to be. iTunes is just amazing, back when your own personal library was front and center.

And people wan me to believe that Apple doesn't delve in the planned obsolescence business scheme, they pretty much killed the 4S with every update released after 6.

Am considering selling the SE at this point, all I use it for is as a music player for when i go running anyway which was what used to do with the 4S after i moved to android but iOS 8 and later 9 made it so much painful to even do that just that on that device that i simply went "fuck it! let's get the SE"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

and as someone who downgraded back to it: It still is the best version of OSX and has nothing to envy from MacOS since majority of the feature are there kust to turn my MBP into an accessory for iDevices.

Reveal hidden contents

And in other downgrade news: Did you know that the iPhone 4S can be reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 from 9.3.5? Tried it a couple of days ago, if only i knew about it sooner, would have never bought the SE to replace it, if anything i would simply purchsed a new battery. Went from slow, painful experience, to fast, snappy and "safari can keep more than one tab without relaoading when switching back and forth or opening an other app". Other tests i did: Infinity Blade 1, 2 and 3 don't stutter at all compared to when running under iOS 9.3.5, there is no delay between pressing the home button and going back to home, Spotify 1.8 UI rocks can't believe i forgot how good, simple and clear it used to be. iTunes is just amazing, back when your own personal library was front and center.

And people wan me to believe that Apple doesn't delve in the planned obsolescence business scheme, they pretty much killed the 4S with every update released after 6.

Am considering selling the SE at this point, all I use it for is as a music player for when i go running anyway which was what used to do with the 4S after i moved to android but iOS 8 and later 9 made it so much painful to even do that just that on that device that i simply went "fuck it! let's get the SE"

Many people will disagree with me but feature wise and stability, I think Snow Leopard was better than Windows 7. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Many people will disagree with me but feature wise and stability, I think Snow Leopard was better than Windows 7. 

completely agree! And given the features MS is focused putting on W10, i'd say SL still stands above by not coming with useless fluff and what essentially constitute bloatware

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I freaking hate that! I cleaned out a friends sisters laptop for $20. It was overheating so I figured it would be a simple dust out and replacement of the thermal paste......it was more like 2 hours of work trying to figure out how to not break the thing.

(Not that I like to brag but I took that thing apart 100% and put it back together without any manuals or left over screws :P

My old HP laptop required just the right amount of violent force to pry the bottom panel off without breaking anything. I had that old thing apart thrice, the first two times for cleaning, and the third to swap the i5-460M with an i5-560M I got for free. I used the Ceramique 2 thermal paste for longevity. This laptop is still in service btw, in the hands of my sister.

20160303_184921.jpg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…