New keyboard and mouse for new pc

newbie01

This is the rig I am building https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/VZ47TB I am wondering what is the best entry level keyboard and mouse combo or separate keyboard and mouse combo that is good. I have heard about cherry switch, brown switches etc but have no real clue what they actually do bysides being different in pressing etc? any help is appreciated. New to the pc race.

Would like a heavy mouse if possible. :)

Cheers

It is a very hard thing to describe. I was once in your shoes a long time ago before I made the switch to Mechanical Side. One of the many Benefits of going to the Mechanical is they do last a whole lot longer - I've been running a keyboard for 5 years and never once had an issue. Another is that unlike Membrane switches you do not have to full press them down - I find that after a lot of typing my fingers don't seem to hurt that much (i use them daily at work ). Some companies and people say some switches like Cherry's Reds accurate faster and sooner so they are more responsive in competitive games. I personally love Cherry Browns - they have a short click but a noticeable tactile bump and noise so I know when the keys are being registered.  What it comes down to though is personal preference - some people love them some don't.

I always recommend Corsair and/or Logitech if your budget can stretch. 

The Logitech G503 is fantastic and is my current driver and the same with the Corsair K65 Brown Switch ;D 

Side note about your build -

Looks like an amazing build - the Video card you can find much cheaper on eBay.  I just bought two GTX 1080ti's for under 1500$ - Most of these cards are so new and still have warranty if you ever have issues. Also it can save you a ton of money. 

Look at this - Almost the same card for $770.00      Video Card Link

You have to let me know how it turns out :D Post a Build Log of you building it.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

I would recommend that you try a few different keyboards to see what you like. However, this article should help you decide what type of keyboard and types of keys you would prefer to narrow down your options. 

http://bit.ly/2HEgvzS

Depending on your budget 

For cheapest Devastator 3 Gaming Combo

For better get a g502 and a cheap keyboard

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Cherry switches are a mechanical key. They come in different flavours (Reds, browns, blues, black, sometimes greens and some special ones: silents and speeds). They feel more premium and sturdier than your classic membrane/rubber domes etc. for Cherry MX, reds are linear. meaning they press strait down and don't click or bump. This is one of the more popular switches especially for gaming. browns are simialr, except they require 10g more pressure to press and have a tactile bump at the actuation point. blues are like browns but with a click as well as the bump. These are the classic clicky switches that everyone thinks of when mentioning mechanical keyboards. Blacks and greens are just rarer switches that are similar to blues and browns respectively, but with heavier actuation forces. There are other types of mechanical switches from companies like logitech. I can recommend the Logitech G413 for a keyboard. It has mechanical romer-G switches (comparable to cherry MX reds but with a very slight tactile bump and even lower actuation, but barely noticeable) that feel absolutely amazing and is a very good price. Cooler master have some decent, but more budget mouse and keyboard combo's that have mechanical like switches. But I cannot speak for their quality or how they feel. Maybe look at reviews for those as they are usually a good price. 

I've only ever used one mouse and that is the Logitech G502. It comes with weights that can make it heavier of lighter based on your preference. There might be some other mice like that from corsair and the like though.

So I presumably may get the Logitech g502 mouse. However I need keyboard recommendation now. 

19 hours ago, newbie01 said:

This is the rig I am building https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/VZ47TB I am wondering what is the best entry level keyboard and mouse combo or separate keyboard and mouse combo that is good. I have heard about cherry switch, brown switches etc but have no real clue what they actually do bysides being different in pressing etc? any help is appreciated. New to the pc race.

Would like a heavy mouse if possible. :)

Cheers

Best recommendation I have to offer when it comes to purchasing mechanical switches is to either visit a retail store with keyboards on display, or purchase a switch tester from online.  Switches really come down to a personal preference.  As far as entry level mechanical keyboards go, I'd recommend either the K68 or Strafe.  Both come in RGB and non-RGB back lighting, with the Strafe having more switch options, and a USB passthrough.  Our heaviest mice are either the M65 Pro RGB with removable weights, or if you're into MMO's, the scimitar has 12 programmable side keys.  Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/