WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Windows 10 Pro

Every time I try to boot to Windows 10, it shows the starting windows screen. The Gigabyte logo disappears for a second, reappears, then the system blue screens with error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 8.1 Pro runs fine.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
  • ASUS X99-E (BIOS version unknown, replaced with new Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI G1, BIOS version F6c)
  • Intel i7-6850k (not overclocked, replaced w/ another 6850K)
  • 4x8GB HyperX FURY RAM
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • 1000W High Power 80 Plus Bronze PSU
Edited by U1rich
Updated some information.

I my previous experience, I came to conclusion it's a chipset failure or a cpu failure. I was the unlucky to have both. One MSI X99 mobo and one i7-6700.

If I'm not wrong, if you populate all RAM slots it won't boot at all or if you populate "some" ram slots, again it won't boot.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

I think I'm just going to get a new PC at this point. I've already replaced the mobo and CPU. I just don't know what else it could be. Maybe RAM. I hope it's just RAM or something. Might get 8.1 installed on my other drive and then try booting to that. I'm also incredibly tired, as I stayed up all night, so excuse me if I seem like a retard.

3 hours ago, U1rich said:

Every time I try to boot to Windows 10, it shows the starting windows screen. The Gigabyte logo disappears for a second, reappears, then the system blue screens with error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Windows 7 Ultimate runs fine.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Professional 64 bit
  • Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI G1 (BIOS version F6c, replaced with new mobo of the same model)
  • Intel i7-6850k (not overclocked, replaced w/ a new 6850K)
  • 4x8GB HyperX FURY RAM
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • 1000W High Power 80 Plus Bronze PSU

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a pretty generic error.

It can mean anything from a driver issue to a hardware failure.

Go into your reliability history (hit start - type reliability history) and see what errors are happening while this occurs.

You can double click on those errors to get more information.

Post what they say here.

31 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a pretty generic error.

It can mean anything from a driver issue to a hardware failure.

Go into your reliability history (hit start - type reliability history) and see what errors are happening while this occurs.

You can double click on those errors to get more information.

Post what they say here.

Can I do that without getting into Windows? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff.

10 minutes ago, U1rich said:

Can I do that without getting into Windows? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff.

Oh, you can't get to windows at all?

Maybe try booting to safe mode.

It might let you in that way.

It'd also give us a clue if it does.

If you get into windows with safe mode, it's most likely a driver or software side issue of some kind and not a hardware issue. Not for sure though.

8 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh, you can't get to windows at all?

Maybe try booting to safe mode.

It might let you in that way.

It'd also give us a clue if it does.

If you get into windows with safe mode, it's most likely a driver or software side issue of some kind and not a hardware issue. Not for sure though.

Can't get into Safe Mode, as Windows can't even get past "Getting Devices Ready..." On another note, Windows 7 decided it hates my USB mouse and keyboard...

2 hours ago, U1rich said:

Can't get into Safe Mode, as Windows can't even get past "Getting Devices Ready..." On another note, Windows 7 decided it hates my USB mouse and keyboard...

I think i might've figured it out. i was looking at all the cables inside the computer, and I noticed one was loose. I pushed all the way in, and installed Windows 8.1 Pro. It installed and it's running just fine now. Gonna try Windows 10 soon.

1 hour ago, U1rich said:

I think i might've figured it out. i was looking at all the cables inside the computer, and I noticed one was loose. I pushed all the way in, and installed Windows 8.1 Pro. It installed and it's running just fine now. Gonna try Windows 10 soon.

Tried Windows 10, and I still get the blue screen on boot.

9 hours ago, U1rich said:

Tried Windows 10, and I still get the blue screen on boot.

Okay, download the installer for memtest86 that lets you install it to a flash drive, do that and boot to it.

Let that run for 24 hours.

If there's even a single error, you have bad ram or a bad overclock on the ram.

If that turns up nothing, it's time to start removing components and testing without them for a process of elimination.

Test without the GPU, test with a single stick of ram, test with another stick, test each ram slot on it's own, etc.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:35 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

Okay, download the installer for memtest86 that lets you install it to a flash drive, do that and boot to it.

Let that run for 24 hours.

If there's even a single error, you have bad ram or a bad overclock on the ram.

If that turns up nothing, it's time to start removing components and testing without them for a process of elimination.

Test without the GPU, test with a single stick of ram, test with another stick, test each ram slot on it's own, etc.

Just started it. I'll post an update in 24 hours.

On 4/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, U1rich said:

Just started it. I'll post an update in 24 hours.

Well, the test went good, didn't get any errors. Gonna try removing RAM sticks and the GPU. Keyboard  stopped working, Windows detects my Radeon RX 580 as a Standard VGA Display Adapter, and changing PCI-E slots didn't change anything. Might just send my PC back to iBUYPOWER and tell em either fix it or refund me my money. This thing worked properly for, like, 2 or 3 weeks. Now, I'm done with this $3,000 piece of trash. Sorry for the rant. I'm obviously upset. I'll be building my next PC. I wonder what caused it though.

Edited by U1rich
Expressing my curiosity as to what caused the problem in the first place.