Poster for computer building and repair company V2

Hi! I am a high school junior looking to start a computer repair and building company. I've created a poster for it and would like your opinion on it. I have it so that you can comment so if you think that anything should be changed just comment on the part that should be changed. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F636ZJfphltC7eboqExaxEvkS6Xwu3I13CYt6pW1veA/edit?usp=sharing

Looks pretty good.

But I'd go with less text. The average customer doesn't want to read that much. Also needs at least a phone number.

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Looks pretty good.

But I'd go with less text. The average customer doesn't want to read that much. Also needs at least a phone number.

I would put a phone number on there but it would be my personal phone number and I don't want to risk getting spammed with scam calls

1 minute ago, ItsLukenotLucas said:

I would put a phone number on there but it would be my personal phone number and I don't want to risk getting spammed with scam calls

Well, then come up with a solution ;)

Having your own business isn't easy.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Well, then come up with a solution ;)

Having your own business isn't easy.

Lol I am well aware, Once I get my next paycheck from work i'm gonna buy a prepaid phone that I will use as a business phone

1 minute ago, ItsLukenotLucas said:

Lol I am well aware, Once I get my next paycheck from work i'm gonna buy a prepaid phone that I will use as a business phone

You can always just download an app like TextMe which will give you a number for free (mute notifications from the app when you're off the clock). No need for a separate phone.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 minute ago, Ezzy-525 said:

You can always just download an app like TextMe which will give you a number for free (mute notifications from the app when you're off the clock). No need for a separate phone.

that sounds like a good idea, I'll give that a try. Also I wholesomely appreciate your profile picture from Hot Fuzz

image.png.fde7e908e1e9e290610e750eba373861.png

I hate to go for the same area again but I think a comma would fit better and result in the sentence "flowing" better. The current version seems to produce an awkward sentence. This is being picky though, it looks rather good.

1 minute ago, ScratchCat said:

image.png.fde7e908e1e9e290610e750eba373861.png

I hate to go for the same area again but I think a comma would fit better and result in the sentence "flowing" better. The current version seems to produce an awkward sentence. This is being picky though, it looks rather good.

Thank you for your help today and yesterday! :)

51 minutes ago, ItsLukenotLucas said:

Hi! I am a high school junior looking to start a computer repair and building company.

Honestly, don't. Computer repair shops are not profitable and they haven't been for a long time. Unless you can get large contracts to install business networks you'll never make money off of it. Most people who want a custom desktop are able to build and repair it themselves; those who aren't are often looking for some exotic liquid cooling setup, and the costs of screwing up on something like that would instantly sink your business.

Component level board repair is better, but obviously it requires a new skillset.

Other than that... the logo is nice, as others said you need a phone number.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Your text implies my out of warranty 1080 ti will get replaced for $50.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Honestly, don't. Computer repair shops are not profitable and they haven't been for a long time. Unless you can get large contracts to install business networks you'll never make money off of it. Most people who want a custom desktop are able to build and repair it themselves; those who aren't are often looking for some exotic liquid cooling setup, and the costs of screwing up on something like that would instantly sink your business.

Component level board repair is better, but obviously it requires a new skillset.

Other than that... the logo is nice, as others said you need a phone number.

I'm not trying to make a living off of it I just want to build and repair computers for fun. Honestly, I would do it for free.

1 minute ago, MikeSK said:

Your text implies my out of warranty 1080 ti will get replaced for $50.

No, there is an asterisk that says "Plus the price of replacement parts"

3 minutes ago, ItsLukenotLucas said:

I'm not trying to make a living off of it I just want to build and repair computers for fun. Honestly, I would do it for free.

Fair enough, but you still need to account for the possibility of breaking expensive equipment that belongs to your customer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Fair enough, but you still need to account for the possibility of breaking expensive equipment that belongs to your customer.

I know. Thank you for your concern.

Even if you bring the device back from the dead and they claim there is missing data, they may try to hold you financially responsible.  Make sure you have a contract they sign clearly spelling out your lines of responsibility and expectations.  To be sure, find legal aid to review it.