iMac late 2009 doesn't boot with new GPU

hello everyone, i upgraded my iMac late 2009 with an AMD hd6970m 2gb. everything went smooth during the first few hours then suddenly the iMac shutdown and after i tried restarting it.... there was no display,  fans working but no chimes - no display and the mouse and keyboard flash once and wont work again.

PLEASE HELP ME THE CARD COST ME 400$ AND I WAITED FOR 1 MONTH FOR IT :( 

any help is more than appreciated.

thank you all. 

7 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

hello everyone, i upgraded my iMac late 2009 with an AMD hd6970m 2gb. everything went smooth during the first few hours then suddenly the iMac shutdown and after i tried restarting it.... there was no display,  fans working but no chimes - no display and the mouse and keyboard flash once and wont work again.

PLEASE HELP ME THE CARD COST ME 400$ AND I WAITED FOR 1 MONTH FOR IT :( 

any help is more than appreciated.

thank you all. 

Probably overheated as the late 2009 isn't really meant to handle that much power and heat without properly adjusting your fan control. Did you monitor temps at all?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Probably overheated as the late 2009 isn't really meant to handle that much power and heat without properly adjusting your fan control. Did you monitor temps at all?

i set fans to full speed the iMac sounded like a hair dryer and i also monitored temps, they where perfect iam sure it isn't because of over heating.... iam really stressed out 

6 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i set fans to full speed the iMac sounded like a hair dryer and i also monitored temps, they where perfect iam sure it isn't because of over heating.... iam really stressed out 

It's always risky business investing $400 in a machine worth about that (you have the quad i5/i7 right?. 

Anyway, can you put the original GPU back in and see if it boots with that? 

Edit:  The iMac 2011 27" also came with the 6970M and those chips are notoriously unreliable. Very high failure rate. So keep that in mind.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

It's always risky business investing $400 in a machine worth about that (you have the quad i5/i7 right?. 

Anyway, can you put the original GPU back in and see if it boots with that? 

i upgraded the CPU to a Xeon x3480 better than any i7 for that socket and it doesn't dissipate as much heat and doesn't take much power so it is ultimate... the original GPU Died and by the way when i remove the GPU and start the iMac it gives a chime and there is power in the mouse and keyboard... 

3 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i upgraded the CPU to a Xeon x3480 better than any i7 for that socket and it doesn't dissipate as much heat and doesn't take much power so it is ultimate... the original GPU Died and by the way when i remove the GPU and start the iMac it gives a chime and there is power in the mouse and keyboard... 

It's an original Apple part, yes? If so, then read my edit. 

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It's an original Apple part, yes? If so, then read my edit. 

i had alot of friends do it successfully, they add liquid metal to the CPU and GPU and their iMacs are still going strong after 3 years .. so why it happened to me? i mean what is the cause of sudden damage? i didn't see any lines or glitches in fact the iMac was running so smooth and powerful and surprisingly cool because of the high speed fans...    

2 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i had alot of friends do it successfully, they add liquid metal to the CPU and GPU and their iMacs are still going strong after 3 years .. so why it happened to me? i mean what is the cause of sudden damage? i didn't see any lines or glitches in fact the iMac was running so smooth and powerful and surprisingly cool because of the high speed fans...    

It could be as simple as a loose connection. Try reseating the card. Also make sure the connectors on the MXM slot and the card are clean. Check for burn or scorch marks too.

15 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It could be as simple as a loose connection. Try reseating the card. Also make sure the connectors on the MXM slot and the card are clean. Check for burn or scorch marks too.

but could a GPU get loose connection if it worked perfectly and also there are screws securing the GPU ??? 

7 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

any one else ????? help ?

Don't expect many people here to know much about Macs :P 

A loose connection wouldn't kill the card, just make it not work because power delivery and such. It honestly sounds like the card just quit working entirely.

Perhaps you can ask one of your friends to switch GPUs to see if that's the problem.

8 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Don't expect many people here to know much about Macs :P 

A loose connection wouldn't kill the card, just make it not work because power delivery and such. It honestly sounds like the card just quit working entirely.

Perhaps you can ask one of your friends to switch GPUs to see if that's the problem.

it is so strange because i removed it to inspect , and there was no sign of any damage or burn. i also used a computer microscope to check for the tiniest defect but there isn't anything. i also cleaned the slot and the connections and made sure everything is secure, but damn it, there is no luck :'(