OC ram not seeing any benefits.

Hey guys, considering that ryzen seems to perform better with higher speed ram I decided to run a couple cinebench tests with the speed set to 2133, 2666 (stock), and a light Oc to 2800. These were the results:

single: 145
multi: 1124
single: 145
multi: 1142
single: 142
multi: 1138

As expected ingle core doesn't see any improved due to it improving the interconnect between cores and not the cores themselves, but it seems that even the multi score is within margin of error. Could this be because of me using cinebench for testing, or running the cpu at stock speed? Thanks in advance!

They are very margin of error type results. Are you sure the computer is reading 2800mhz? Check CPU-Z and it should read 1400mhz if so. 

Just now, ShennyG said:

They are very margin of error type results. Are you sure the computer is reading 2800mhz? Check CPU-Z and it should read 1400mhz if so. 

Yup, checked both cpu-Z and memtest64

nope, its whats been presented since the release of the ryzen. the interconnect between the ccx modules 'infinity fabric' has a 'bus' speed. the higher the speed of RAM is connected to that fabric performance.

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

nope, its whats been presented since the release of the ryzen. the interconnect between the ccx modules 'infinity fabric' has a 'bus' speed. the higher the speed of RAM is connected to that fabric performance.

I know, that's why I was surprised to see basicly no performance benefit with higher speed ram.

3 minutes ago, airdeano said:

the magic starts at 2933MHz and up

Doesn't look like it does, just did another cinebench run with ram at 2933 and got 1144.

picard-facepalm.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Could you explain please? Since that would probably be more helpful.