Suggestions for new PSU ?

Tadziunia

Hey tech community, i decided to take Corsair RM850x 80+ gold full modular power supply in next week. But am not 100% i want to buy PSU, which will be reliable for long period of usage. And it won't die. Is there anything better for same price or a bit more ? what do you use ? please every opinion is important

I have a corsair rm1000i Its fantastic even though its totally overkill for the parts I have now. Why are you getting rid of the rm850x is a fantastic power supply?

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

10 minutes ago, BryceJonathan said:

I have a corsair rm1000i Its fantastic even though its totally overkill for the parts I have now. Why are you getting rid of the rm850x is a fantastic power supply?

I think hes trying to say:

"ive decided to purchase Corsair RM850x 80+ gold full modular power supply sometime next week"

He has a: Corsair vs650 650w

15 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

Hey tech community, i decided to take Corsair RM850x 80+ gold full modular power supply in next week. But am not 100% i want to buy PSU, which will be reliable for long period of usage. And it won't die. Is there anything better for same price or a bit more ? what do you use ? please every opinion is important

Seasonic focus plus gold 650/750/850 is my preference when it comes to a high quality and affordable PSU. (650w for 1 gpu, 850w for 2)

8 minutes ago, BryceJonathan said:

maybe you missunderstood me. I currently have corsair vs650 it's budget psu, which doesn't sound right and it isn't effiecient. Am planning to take RM850X next week. But not sure, maybe there is something better for the price. I don't know. if i won't find anything better, ill stick to my decision

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I think hes trying to say:

"ive decided to purchase Corsair RM850x 80+ gold full modular power supply sometime next week"

He has a: Corsair vs650 650w

Seasonic focus plus gold 650/750/850 is my preference when it comes to a high quality and affordable PSU. (650w for 1 gpu, 850w for 2)

closest to the price i would like to pay is Focus plus platinum 750w for +20eur extra compared to corsair model i was looking for

15 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

focus gold is cheaper.

maybe yes, but it's just isn't in stock in pc parts shop near me :/ 

6 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Pub/default.aspx?L=LT here you go, but use translator because it isn't in english

nothing better than Corsair RM850x 80+ gold for that price.

be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 

EVGA SuperNOVA  G3

are also good options.

6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

nothing better than Corsair RM850x 80+ gold for that price.

be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 

EVGA SuperNOVA  G3

are also good options.

probably ill stick with RM850x it probably won't be a bad option afterall. Anyway thank you for your suggestions

3 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

For a single CPU/GPU system, that's a waste of money.

You want something around 550W.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

For a single CPU/GPU system, that's a waste of money.

You want something around 550W.

That's not enough for me :/ am planning to get upcoming new gen nvidia gpu, or maybe two in SLI , because i have 4k monitor. So i need to be sure i will have plenty of power

5 hours ago, Tadziunia said:

That's not enough for me :/ am planning to get upcoming new gen nvidia gpu, or maybe two in SLI , because i have 4k monitor. So i need to be sure i will have plenty of power

If Nvidia's path of having about the same power draw as they have for the last five years, then you'll be fine on a 550W. A 1080Ti and 8700K can be overclocked on a 550W PSU without issue.

Two in SLI should be fine on a 750W unit. However, SLI is usually just a headache and I don't recommend it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If Nvidia's path of having about the same power draw as they have for the last five years, then you'll be fine on a 550W. A 1080Ti and 8700K can be overclocked on a 550W PSU without issue.

Two in SLI should be fine on a 750W unit. However, SLI is usually just a headache and I don't recommend it.

Yes that's true, but i play mostly battlefield series, and it's usually good at scalling with two gpu's. So am i would be fine :)