Best Solution to get Systems heat outside of my room?

Hey all,

I have got the quite common problem, that my PC and some of my other electronics like power supplies I load my lipo batteries with, heat up my room so much, that I don’t need to turn the heater on in the winter, and as it now gets warmer and warmer, I start to get roasted.

A common solution would be to put the stuff in my bedroom and just buy some longer cables going to my „office“. But then I would heat up my bedroom, or whatever else I put it, and that wouldn’t be so nice.

So I want to get the heat completely outside of my living space and I now want to find the best way to achieve that!

1. Water cool my PC and put a radiator outside (only heat from my PC gets outside)

2. Put all the stuff in Server housings and in an Server cabinet, which you can get with strict ventilation, so I would have the hot air go out through a tube, like with my dryer.

3. ???

I would be pleased if you maybe have some ideas or inspiration!

regards,

Ole

If you have a window, prop it open with a window fan blowing air out of the room. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Depending how your house is built, maybe putting a rad in the basement is an option?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Well if you have no opening windows you might want to have a look at AC.

More PC FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for lots of fans on PC

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

Check out this video

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

Option 2 is probably the way I'd go. The only problem with that is that you're either stuck venting out a window which can become a security risk/energy waste, or you're committing to installing a dedicated vent in your wall/attic for it.

I can't really think of any other solution that might work without being overly complicated.

I'd probably prefer to vent into the attic over going through a wall, just because then you won't have to go through the siding, it won't affect the look of the house, and it'll be easier to reverse if you decide to move.

Thank you all for your quick response!

7 hours ago, Airdragonz said:

If you have a window, prop it open with a window fan blowing air out of the room. 

Having the window open all over the day brings some problems with it. (In the summer hot air coming inside, in the winter its hard to balance between open and close, animals coming inside, etc.)

7 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Depending how your house is built, maybe putting a rad in the basement is an option?

Yea, I thought about that too, but I'm on the 2nd floor, and the attic doesnt have enough ventilation. I would have to put one outside.

7 hours ago, Trevor87 said:

Well if you have no opening windows you might want to have a look at AC.

Hmm but it would cost something if it has to work against the hot air all the time. And it is not too quiet...

7 hours ago, Hugs12343 said:

Check out this video

I checked this out, but I think it's not in my range :D .

7 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Option 2 is probably the way I'd go. The only problem with that is that you're either stuck venting out a window which can become a security risk/energy waste, or you're committing to installing a dedicated vent in your wall/attic for it.

I can't really think of any other solution that might work without being overly complicated.

I'd probably prefer to vent into the attic over going through a wall, just because then you won't have to go through the siding, it won't affect the look of the house, and it'll be easier to reverse if you decide to move.

Our attic is insulated, so the hot air would get stuck in there. But I could put a vent through the roof maybe?

6 hours ago, James Evens said:

Do you own the flat or is it rented?

I'm still living in my parents house, but I want a solution I can take with me (The server, not the vent, you know what I mean)