Linus inspired DIY PC Desk

Vincentskull

So I decided to build my own PC desk after watching on YouTube of Linus creating his DIY PC desk. Instead of making a normal desk, Ive decided to do a corner desk PC. It turned out a bit bigger then i anticipated. This project was started back in May of 2017. I finished most of the building and cutting out portions by August 2017 but had to stop abruptly due to moving into a new home in November 2017 and had to do tons of packing.....recently I did manage to get back to it and finish it to about 95% with the remaining holes to cut out and the staining/poly about the End of March 2018 till I realized this DIY PC desk Ive made had some small flaws in which V2.0 will fix. but at the moment I'm pretty impressed on how it looks, just need more planing for part layout and better I/O and video card port layouts so there not awkward positions on the side of the PC desk. The PC with the water cooled is primary and the PC with air cooling is secondary. This project took longer then I thought and when I make version 2.0, it will be a bit smaller and not so big with better planning. BTW mounting the video cards was not an easy task.

Primary PC one specs: AMD 9590 with Asus Sabertooth R3.0 motherobard, 32GB of Ram, R9 390X 8GB video card, 240GB SSD primary boot, 2 1TB storage drives. Water cooling setup. RM1000 Watt PSU.

Secondary PC specs: Intel I5 3450 CPU with Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard with 32GB of Ram with two 580's to test out this mining thing. A 250GB SSD for boot and 1 TB of storage. RM1000 watt PSU and all air cooled.

IMAG0750_1.jpg

IMAG0753_1.jpg

IMAG0754.jpg

For building PCs in to furniture, I would consider having the liquid cooling radiators in a separate air channel from the rest of the components. The benefits would be optimum cooling from fresh air and avoiding pre-heating air passing over the PC comments.  For the components requiring air cooling, setup pre-filtered centrifugal fan.  With the high volume and efficiency of this fan, you can design the air filters to be hidden.  Wood used as a part of a PC chassis breaks down with the constant dry air flow passing over it's surface.  I would recommend different types of protective finish.  When considering protective finishes, do not forget flammability, maintainability and toxicity.  For example, some particle boards out gases formaldehyde.    

Did you see the dust build up in Linus's desktop computer in a recent video?  

Thanks for the thoughtful insight for when i make V2.0 but i have not seen the recent video on Linus's desktop. i will have to go look at that.