What do you guys think about Cooler Master H500P?

Tadziunia

Hey guys, what do you think about that case ? is it worth it ? Searching for future proof case , but don't know what to do, Ive been saving money separately for upcoming NVIDIA GPU's , idealy i would like to buy GTX 2080/1180, I have 900eur to spare, but am not sure about new upcoming gpu prices. Before that, next week am going to upgrade psu to RM850x 80+ gold, and i thought about case upgrade. Been using Aerocool strike X  for 4 years now, but it looks and feels small. But i have dilemma, should i buy new case for 125eur, or keep that money for gpu upgrade ?

Stay away from the NON mesh front version. Thermals and build quality of the original H500P are garbage. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Looks good

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Stay away from the NON mesh front version. Thermals and build quality of the original H500P are garbage. 

woah :o didn't see that coming, what would you recommend then ?

25 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

woah :o didn't see that coming, what would you recommend then ?

They now have a mesh version (with the same part number and name.. thanks Cooler master.) Which has better airflow, but still many of the original problems like a flimsy build quality on the top and front panels.

Honestly, if you like the looks and won't travel with it, it's not really a bad case. But otherwise there could be better options.

But it just depends on what you are looking for, since many mesh alternatives have other problems (like the Meshify C's lackluster HDD mounting system, Thermaltake Core G21's terrible double filter system cutting airflow.. etc).

Check Gamers Nexus's both reviews (of the original H500P first, than their mesh edition review, since they address the issues fixed and not fixed in the mesh review and thusbrely on the first review quite a bit) and make up your own mind if it's a good case for you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

They now have a mesh version (with the same part number and name.. thanks Cooler master.) Which has better airflow, but still many of the original problems like a flimsy build quality on the top and front panels.

Build Quality of the H500P Mesh resolved the build quality problems.. not sure where you got that information from.. Even Gamers Nexus said they fixed the issues.... You need to go re-watch the video... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Build Quality of the H500P Mesh resolved the build quality problems.. not sure where you got that information from.. Even Gamers Nexus said they fixed the issues.... You need to go re-watch the video... 

They added the extra latch for the front panel, but it was still the same plastic material and not some metal?

That fixed the issue of picking it up and the front panel not falling off, but doesn't fix the issue of it feeling flimsy when you did take it off.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why not go for the MasterCase 5? 

It seems to be very similar in design, except for the huge fan mounts in the front. 

I own the MasterCase 5 and it's a huge beast. Only problem is, it doesn't support top mounted radiators without a special bracket. 

The bracket can be purchased from Cooler Master or you can get it together with the MasterCase 5 Pro. 

Even then, you can only do a pull configuration. 

Other than that, I'd say it's a solid, future proof, case.