DVD Drive reading very slowly

Outfled
Go to solution Solved by RedAV8R,
14 minutes ago, Outfled said:

Yes i tried other disks, and it’s still very slow

Well, if trying to install off the disk, perhaps copy the files on the disk to your hard drive and install from there. As it was stated before, transfer speeds on a DVD, especially a lot of small files, takes time.

15 minutes ago, Outfled said:

What do you mean? My motherboard came with the disk

Yes your motherboard came with the disk, however as I said earlier, why not download the latest versions from the manufacturer website. So that A. Its installing off your hard drive. B. You are getting the latest version available, not some snapshot in time that is likely older than what is currently available.

Ryzen 7 1700

Asus B350 F-Gaming

WD 1TB HDD

8gb (I will upgrade

Radeon HD 7700 Series

So last night I completetly removed everything and reinstalled Windows. When everything was done, I decided to do install my motherboard drivers first. When I put in the motherboards DVD, the disk drive took a while to read it. Since it was loading basically forever, I tried installing the gpu drivers. That also was running slow and unresponsive. So I tried looking up tips to help this, but all I found Is enabling DMA. I was told to go the device manager and to go to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and to click anything the "channel" in it. Nothing in IDE ATA/ATAPI had channel in the name. So basically I couldn't enable DMA. Anything else I should try before having to go buy a new drive?

A DVD typically only reads at 10MB/s max. Smaller files read slower than large ones.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Did you try any other disk? Could just be a flawed disk. FWIW. I never use the disks that come with boards and just download from manufacturer. Going to likely get newest version that way.

#1 issue. why are you installing drivers from a CD ;-;    I hope you can figure out what's going on though. I have no idea sadly. 

1 hour ago, RedAV8R said:

Did you try any other disk? Could just be a flawed disk. FWIW. I never use the disks that come with boards and just download from manufacturer. Going to likely get newest version that way.

1 hour ago, Mr_IICaTz said:

#1 issue. why are you installing drivers from a CD ;-;    I hope you can figure out what's going on though. I have no idea sadly. 

14 minutes ago, Outfled said:

Well, if trying to install off the disk, perhaps copy the files on the disk to your hard drive and install from there. As it was stated before, transfer speeds on a DVD, especially a lot of small files, takes time.

15 minutes ago, Outfled said:

Yes your motherboard came with the disk, however as I said earlier, why not download the latest versions from the manufacturer website. So that A. Its installing off your hard drive. B. You are getting the latest version available, not some snapshot in time that is likely older than what is currently available.

2 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

Lol ok and thanks 

5 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

Sorry i’m such a noob about this stuff 

44 minutes ago, Outfled said:

Sorry i’m such a noob about this stuff 

Everybody starts somewhere.