copying windows files stuck at 0%

Wastheboss
On 4/7/2018 at 12:09 AM, Razor02097 said:

never.PNG.c4e4c1139e72f47a496c469e944da17b.PNG

Installed windows 7 on it and it worked just fine so my guess is the hardware can’t handle windows 10 or something 

On 4/7/2018 at 1:53 AM, Spyder1384 said:

You won't be able to do it that way as windows sets itself up for the hardware configuration it was installed under preventing you from just moving the HDD from one machine to the next. Did you check the SATA mode setting in your BIOS? Should be set to AHCI.

Windows 7 worked just fine on it I’m guessing it just didn’t like windows 10 for some reason or Linux lol not sure why but yeah windows 7 did the trick 

3 minutes ago, Wastheboss said:

Installed windows 7 on it and it worked just fine so my guess is the hardware can’t handle windows 10 or something 

There are a lot of things it could be... I would just rock the fresh install of Windows 7 TBH. If you're hellbent on putting 10 on it you could try to go the upgrade route by downloading the tool from Microsoft's website and select "upgrade this PC". Before you go through with it though go to HP's website for that model and download the windows 8 drivers just in case you need them.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Razor02097 said:

There are a lot of things it could be... I would just rock the fresh install of Windows 7 TBH. If you're hellbent on putting 10 on it you could try to go the upgrade route by downloading the tool from Microsoft's website and select "upgrade this PC". Before you go through with it though go to HP's website for that model and download the windows 8 drivers just in case you need them.

Yeah you’re right I think I’m just gonna stick to windows 7 that’s fine and thank you for the help ??

5 minutes ago, Wastheboss said:

Yeah you’re right I think I’m just gonna stick to windows 7 that’s fine and thank you for the help ??

Anytime

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

I had the same behavior and I solved after cancelling the installation process, answer "Yes" to cancel (wait until the install home screen appears). I started back again the installation -without rebooting-. For my surprise the copying Windows files process was too fast and the normal process went fine.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys just go to BIOS setting then Go to sata config..change in to ACHI..thanks me later

• 5 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, Wastheboss said:

Hello, so I am trying to upgrade my dads pc a little bit because it’s old and it’s too slow. I bought a 240Gb SSD by SanDisk for the operating system and few more applications he might use, I installed Windows 10 on a flash drive using windows media tool, plugged in the SSD and started installing fresh windows on the SSD but for some reason it always gets stuck at the installation screen where it says “copying windows files (0%)” I’ve tried using different flash drives and also tried cleaning the SSD through command prompt but nothing is working. Help please and thank you in advance ??

image.jpg

I had the same problem. If the pc only has 4gb of ram use the 32bit windows 10. Weirdly enough that solved the problem for me.

• 11 months later...

After hours of trying to install clean Win 10 on my laptop that already had Win 10 for a few years now, I ran into a same issue, and after trying everything, trust me, everything, even burned a DVD with Win10 installation, removed RAM memory, switched places, etc. Wouldn't work from my old USB thumb drive I used a few years ago to install it both on my laptop and desktop, okay, I made a new one and it didn't work. Reset the BIOS settings, changed, played but nothing. Made a USB thumb drive using Windows tool and Rufus as well and it didn't work....

Then I just changed the Partition Scheme from GPT to MBR while creating a USB thumb drive using Rufus, and it worked, Win 10 was up in 10 mins or so...

Hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Screenshot 2020-03-24 01.35.28.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 11:38 AM, neksmedia said:

After hours of trying to install clean Win 10 on my laptop that already had Win 10 for a few years now, I ran into a same issue, and after trying everything, trust me, everything, even burned a DVD with Win10 installation, removed RAM memory, switched places, etc. Wouldn't work from my old USB thumb drive I used a few years ago to install it both on my laptop and desktop, okay, I made a new one and it didn't work. Reset the BIOS settings, changed, played but nothing. Made a USB thumb drive using Windows tool and Rufus as well and it didn't work....

Then I just changed the Partition Scheme from GPT to MBR while creating a USB thumb drive using Rufus, and it worked, Win 10 was up in 10 mins or so...

Hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Screenshot 2020-03-24 01.35.28.png

I made an account just to thank neksmedia for their solution. I’ve been looking for this for awhile. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, Kajen said:

I made an account just to thank neksmedia for their solution. I’ve been looking for this for awhile. Cheers!

I also made an account just to thank @@neksmedia for this... I was very skeptical of this, but having also tried everything else, I gave it a shot... and it worked!!!! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...