Under £1000 Gaming PC

MarkPlays
2 minutes ago, sumbee said:

You get the ATX case because later on if you ever upgrade, you have the option of ATX or Micro ATX, if you get a micro ATX case you're stuck with it. have to replace the case if you go ATX later.

and the masterbox 5 isn't too big anyways.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

You get the ATX case because later on if you ever upgrade, you have the option of ATX or Micro ATX, if you get a micro ATX case you're stuck with it. have to replace the case if you go ATX later.

and the masterbox 5 isn't too big anyways.

Okay, not arguing on that anymore. "Bye bye", "Sayonara", "Fir Milenge Chalte Chalte"

On 4/6/2018 at 12:55 AM, sumbee said:

Well the world is moving towards smaller, my friend. And you don't need an ATX unless you are going Quad SLI. 

Says who? Your opinion is not a fact nor a guideline for others.

I don't even have dual SLI and I have a full ATX tower. Sure, people get boards with multiple PCIe x16 slots (like my Z97 G5 or my Z370 Pro4) but that's because there are other PCIe x16 devices besides GPUs. If you're an audiophile Creative Labs makes ridiculously good PCIe sound cards with bitrates so high they max out the x16 slot. My network card cost over $200 and is a PCIe x4 card and the way I have my GPU set up I need an ATX motherboard to even fit in the card.

Some ATX boards don't even HAVE quad SLI support (except my Z77 OC Formula, but only has 3 slots)

You are so wrong I can't even explain to you the amount of scenarios that you are wrong in.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

On 11/04/2018 at 12:40 AM, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

I don't even have dual SLI and I have a full ATX tower. Sure, people get boards with multiple PCIe x16 slots (like my Z97 G5 or my Z370 Pro4) but that's because there are other PCIe x16 devices besides GPUs. If you're an audiophile Creative Labs makes ridiculously good PCIe sound cards with bitrates so high they max out the x16 slot. My network card cost over $200 and is a PCIe x4 card and the way I have my GPU set up I need an ATX motherboard to even fit in the card.

I am curious about the build of your Z370 Pro 4, what all have you got there and how much did it cost you? Seems like you are also operating a Storage Area Network or some kind of a network over there.

Oh and also about that sound card, I need some help suggesting something for a friend who runs a studio.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:11 PM, MarkPlays said:

1. Budget & Location

So I am located in the UK and I would like to build a powerful rig. I have a budget of £1000 but do not want to spend it all so I have some left over. HOWEVER this does not mean I will settle for Ryzen 3's or i3's :)

2. Aim

The aim of this machine is to hold a stable 60 FPS (or more) in triple-A games whilst still having a sleek look and the horsepower in the back.I do have a preference for a case as it will be windowed and something like the NZXT H440 or S340 Elite

3. Monitors

I will need a monitor to be included in the list with sizes from at least 22" onwards (If a 144Hz could be squeezed in it would be great)

4. Peripherals

No peripherals will be required except from a decent WIFI card

lemme give u a little tip. go w a rx 570 or 580 and a monitor who supports AMD FREESYNC. great freakin combo.

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

21 hours ago, sumbee said:

I am curious about the build of your Z370 Pro 4

It's not running anything. It's just a motherboard that I have that I mentioned because it is ATX.

I have a couple of dual gigabit network cards because they're good, not necessarily because I need them. Even my 8 year old laptop has gigabit ethernet. My workstation has three total GBe ports,and all three of them are connected and configured.

Sound card? Here's some of my favorites

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0880-Express-Blaster-Titanium/dp/B001E25KDK/

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Creative-SB0770-Blaster-Xtreme/dp/B0093L6SCG/

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-SB0460-7-1-Channel/dp/B003POKYWM

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

2 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

It's not running anything. It's just a motherboard that I have that I mentioned because it is ATX.

I have a couple of dual gigabit network cards because they're good, not necessarily because I need them. Even my 8 year old laptop has gigabit ethernet. My workstation has three total GBe ports,and all three of them are connected and configured.

Sound card? Here's some of my favorites

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-SB0880-Express-Blaster-Titanium/dp/B001E25KDK/

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Creative-SB0770-Blaster-Xtreme/dp/B0093L6SCG/

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-SB0460-7-1-Channel/dp/B003POKYWM

Thank you, thats all I needed to know.