Thinnest SIX CORE Gaming Laptop! – MSI GS65

Buy MSI GS65 on Amazon: http://geni.us/Xz6aEt

We review the MSI GS65: a thin and powerful gaming laptop with an 6-core Coffee Lake H mobile CPU from Intel and an Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU!

"Mobile G-sync" Is just free-sync, there's no extra module in the laptops.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If this machine throttles with 3 fans and 4 heat pipes, how can a laptop(Aero 15x) similar hardware to this but with fewer fans and heat pipes prevent CPU from melting?

Why do you have a samsung background on a MSI laptop?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@linusTech But have they fixed the issue with the over tightened hinges that breaks the hinges after many months of daily use? Basically the strain on the hinges lifting up the screen. IMO need some metal running up the sides of the screen to distribute stress so its not all on a quarter inch of metal at the bottom of the screen.

Just replaced the GS73VR last month due to that, got a DOA replacement, and then another with monitor issues, 3rd replacement was a charm. Thank god for Best buy Damage protection, I actually got refunded $30 due to the warranty plan going down. Love this beast for gaming while traveling and also running a full deployment of Openstack with multiple VM's for consulting work. Biggest difference between the 63 and 73 were HDD/SDD options, memory options, and graphics card options.

I wished future gaming laptops took this sort of design ethos. 

Keyboard and dragon aside, this is something I can actually take to work and not get funny looks from others. I don't want a rainbow kaleidoscope. I just want something understated. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Its nice I guess... but I dont know the price and it lacks number pad which is prety much a deal breaker on its own.

I'm more interested in the new i9 - 8950hk laptops coming soon with 6 core and 4.8 Ghz turbo boost speeds. Also, wonder what the next generation of i9 laptop CPUs is going to be like. Really excited to see what 10+ nm Icelake and next gen of Nvidia bring to the laptop market. Hope I'll be able to replace my desktop with a laptop soon.