Crypto currency

Message added by WkdPaul

Thread cleaned.

Lets keep this on-topic, and please avoid suggesting others do anything illegal.

Is any problem with running crypto currency with the new razor blade pro fhd laptop as i heard it's complicated for the system..is it??

Don't mine on a laptop. Please.

Also crypto is dead

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

i mean, if you really, really wanted to mine on a laptop you could, but you shouldn't.

you won;t make any money, and the stress and heat you put on the components will reduce the life of the machine. especially in such a thin machine!

4 minutes ago, JDE said:

Don't mine on a laptop. Please.

Also crypto is dead

Not true, it's dead when it's worth nothing, so just wait a few weeks. But don't wrry itl be back up a few days after

Computers r fun

6 minutes ago, Altair0477 said:

Is any problem with running crypto currency with the new razor blade pro fhd laptop as i heard it's complicated for the system..is it??

Also crypto currency is different from crypto currency minning. You can mine, but you don't "run crypto" it's just a language thing.

Computers r fun

Crypto never dies.I he mines and all his friends mine and all his fiends friends fiends friends and their friends trust in crypto it will never die. So keep up.

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Not true, it's dead when it's worth nothing, so just wait a few weeks. But don't wrry itl be back up a few days after

I am quite smart, but I decide not to express that.

I think MAC is master race.

I may know some stuff, but generally I have gone through my life telling confusing, technical and actually useless things to people who have no technical knowledge just to get them off my back.

6 minutes ago, I_WORK_AT_IT said:

Crypto never dies.I he mines and all his friends mine and all his fiends friends fiends friends and their friends trust in crypto it will never die. So keep up.

That really doesn't make sense either. Just because they mine doesn't guarantee crypto will be successful.

The biggest thing you would have to worry about asside from killing your laptop is electric cost. You may think your making $100 a month when really your paying $200 in electric.

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

That really doesn't make sense either. Just because they mine doesn't guarantee crypto will be successful.

The biggest thing you would have to worry about asside from killing your laptop is electric cost. You may think your making $100 a month when really your paying $200 in electric.

Who cares about electricity ? You are mining bitcoins! You are like next gen hacker ! You will get your money back for first month in few years anyway. Its easy

I am quite smart, but I decide not to express that.

I think MAC is master race.

I may know some stuff, but generally I have gone through my life telling confusing, technical and actually useless things to people who have no technical knowledge just to get them off my back.

1 minute ago, I_WORK_AT_IT said:

Who cares about electricity ? You are mining bitcoins! You are like next gen hacker ! You will get your money back for first month in few years anyway. Its easy

There are no guarantees, so that is not necessarily true. Also, it has nothing to do with hacking. And currently, if you have anything other than the most power efficient latest gen cards, you will not make your money back because electric is much more than the gains. So you should definitely care about electricity.

Two monthd ago my rigs were making over $200 a month, now they cost me $400 per month. I care about that $400

Computers r fun

I am new to this mining as how often should I mine to get money and whats it's problems

12 minutes ago, Altair0477 said:

I am new to this mining as how often should I mine to get money and whats it's problems

24/7 with multiple GPUs.

It stresses your GPU at 100% for months.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, I_WORK_AT_IT said:

Well generally people then sell overused gear and cards and get half of money back anyway. Market them right and say there were used gently and it will be fine.

You get half of your investment back.

*snip*

Your not understanding, and this is off topic. I don't need help seeling my gear, and I don't plan too. Also, based on your logic, why don't you just sell your laptop now and get money back on it because you won't be able to make alot minning.

See it doesn't make sense.

Edited by wkdpaul

Computers r fun

56 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

There are no guarantees, so that is not necessarily true. Also, it has nothing to do with hacking. And currently, if you have anything other than the most power efficient latest gen cards, you will not make your money back because electric is much more than the gains. So you should definitely care about electricity.

Two monthd ago my rigs were making over $200 a month, now they cost me $400 per month. I care about that $400

Some miners will choose to take the loss right now and save that bitcoin for later since there's a high chance that we'll see all time highs again, maybe this year, probably next. I stopped mining personally because my gains are really small - one 480 mining ETH, but I do plan to start mining again at some point, and meanwhile I'm trading with the gains I made mining.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

18 hours ago, Energycore said:

Some miners will choose to take the loss right now and save that bitcoin for later since there's a high chance that we'll see all time highs again, maybe this year, probably next. I stopped mining personally because my gains are really small - one 480 mining ETH, but I do plan to start mining again at some point, and meanwhile I'm trading with the gains I made mining.

if your electric cost is greater then the current value of the mining earnings then you would be better off just buying the crypto with the money you would have paid the electric company to run the computer, this is the case currently in some parts of the world with insane electricity prices it's all a game of maximizing the amount of crypto you acquire for your dollar spent, for me I'm still earning a profit of 2-3 times my operating costs so i'll keep mining for a while.

20 hours ago, Altair0477 said:

YES, well first off for clarification you don't "run crypto currency" you run  mining software that mines cryptocurrency, it's an EXTREMELY bad idea to do it on a thin and light laptop because the cooling system is simply incapable of keep the laptop cool, if you are gonna mine with a laptop it needs to be one of those Asus thick ass gaming laptops with the huge heatsinks and cooling fans or something along that line, the reason heat matters is because the hotter a computer is run the shorter the lifespan of components like the capacitors used in the VRM's capacitors are rated at a set number of hours at a certain temperature (usually between 105c and 150c) for every 10c below the peak temperature you run a capacitor at you double it's lifespan, so running a laptop without proper cooler will significantly reduce the lifespan of the capacitors.

20 hours ago, Altair0477 said:

whenever you aren't actively doing something else with the computer you should be mining. ideally it would be 24/7.