Installing Laptop RAM into Desktop!?

Not sure if Linus or his team can read my comment on youtube so I'll copy one here

I think this kind of products are made for users who want to use ram from their laptops cuz you know how expensive those sticks are recently. For example,my laptop rocks four 8G DDR4 ram and I want to build a desktop with 16G ram and upgrade two of my sticks to 16G,and this is when those baby start to shine Or I got 2666 on my laptop stick but I can't get a desktop grade stick and I still need such a adapter for me to at least to be able to use

THIS IS NOT ADAPTER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PLENTY OF BUDGET FOR ALL RAM STICKS

In Linus's warehouse you can just pick a ram up and go but in more common world people can't get many ram sticks because they are tooooooo expensive

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPARE LAPTOP RAMS

OMG it works! The 4 adapters just arrived and i installed the 4 16gb so-dimm sticks into my pc with the core i5-6500.

Now it's a zombie - it has a crappy core i5 and 64gb of ram. Mind blown! Linus - you are the best!

On 4/3/2018 at 8:39 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Feb 2016 since I posed the question and the only users who replied basically said 'LAWL NO.  SNAKEOIL', I think it was like 6 weeks or so for the adaptors to actually show up and then I posted my own results.  So yeah about 2 years.

Of course once I posted that it worked well THEN people chimed in all 'Of COURSE it works' but no sign of them when I was asking and I couldn't Google up any info about it. :P

I've seen these adapters online since around 2011. I've actually use some myself around late 2015 so you're a bit late to the party. 

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I've seen these adapters online since around 2011. I've actually use some myself around late 2015 so you're a bit late to the party. 

I'm not saying I'm the first person to use such adapters.  I'm just saying that through Google searches I could find ZERO information about anyone using them and their experiences.  The only thing I did was I set out to document my results in a forum that was likely to have good SEO so the next person who Googled it up would have something to find.

Congrats on using them since 2011 but since you didn't document it, that wasn't useful to me.

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm not saying I'm the first person to use such adapters.  I'm just saying that through Google searches I could find ZERO information about anyone using them and their experiences.  The only thing I did was I set out to document my results in a forum that was likely to have good SEO so the next person who Googled it up would have something to find.

Congrats on using them since 2011 but since you didn't document it, that wasn't useful to me.

You find them a lot on Chinese store websites, such as Aliexpress, with customer reviews. 

Nice to type it all up though, but didn't occur to me at the time. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You find them a lot on Chinese store websites, such as Aliexpress, with customer reviews. 

I trust an Aliexpress review about as well as I trust my cat's opinion on when feeding time is. o.O

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I trust an Aliexpress review about as well as I trust my cat's opinion on when feeding time is. o.O

At least they are both consistent.

My biggest question is why did it take Linus 2 years to do this video o.O

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

What if it was a bad review? Also dogs are worst for food xD Grab a snack? They want one too, whereas a cat will eat when it wants as long as it has food(less foods it love like fish etc). Tho you don't dare to forget to feed a cat ever, unless you wish to die.