I need a replacement screen for my Lenovo Ideapad 100

channingspike

I'm looking for a new screen for my Lenovo Ideapad 100, I need a 1080p screen, and suggestions on which one?

are you trolling?

You've posted about replacing your mb screen and main drive on the same laptop

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Well, I don't know about 1080p, but this website has 1366 by 768 screens in both matte & glossy finishes.

16 minutes ago, Psittac said:

are you trolling?

You've posted about replacing your mb screen and main drive on the same laptop

I'm not trolling im trying to fix up an old laptop for my little brother.

17 minutes ago, channingspike said:

I'm not trolling im trying to fix up an old laptop for my little brother.

So I take it you're just looking at all options then before you decide on what path to take.

I would say that going through all of the effort of looking for a compatible 1080p screen won't be worth it, you'd have to dig pretty deep into google to find something that Might work and even then it's not a guarantee. You need to remember that laptops are purpose built so that every last component fits exactly the way it's supposed to.  That means the dimensions are exact, the pin out and connectors are proprietary, and if you can find a display the same size and connector even the length of the display ribbon is an exact length to fit perfectly.  laptops are in no way meant to have anything other than what they shipped with short of upgrades to the same platform.  If you can find that the laptop was originally available with something better that's the only feasible way to do it.

It looks to me like that laptop was designed for average use or very light gaming.  Once you collect all of the information needed about potential upgrades I would make another option available and that's a new laptop.  Weigh in cost of upgrade vs new purchase vs results.  The only real upgrade I would suggest is an ssd, anything more is either not possible or not worth it.

edit: I would highly recommend looking around the internet for people who have already upgraded the ssd before doing it.  Lenovo simply does not do very well in the upgrade department.  I mentioned this in the other thread, but I had one lenovo on windows 7 and it simply would not support windows 10, everything would install but it would randomly blue screen.  Lenovo just ditched the laptop and didn't provide updates.  The same laptop I later attempted an ssd and windows 7 and again it blue screened.  I don't even have the thing functional right now because I'm tired of it, last I remember I had it back on a hdd and windows 7 and it worked just fine.  Your's seams to have come with an ssd as an option but is listed as 128gb being the largest available from the manufacturer.  Typically you would be safe to assume larger is ok, but that's the thing with laptops, they are very proprietary and it's difficult to know for certain.  So as I said, look around google to see if anyone has put a large ssd in that same model first.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission