Need Phones for Heavy Multitasking

kecap

A friend came to me asking reccomendations for phones, I can't say much since I don't really know much about phones in general.

He's looking for something fast and last long, his whatsapp groups are many and thousands of chats keep coming in from different apps. What do you think will go the best for him? Also he asked about difference between 4gb, 6gb, 8gb of ram, do they really matter? I have an S8 with 4gb of ram and it has no lag but will there be a difference since he uses multiple apps and many chats come in every minute? 

Size and looks doesn't really matter for him and no games. Thanks.

On 4/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, huilun02 said:

OP5T

Clean Oreo rom, plenty of RAM, good battery life especially when it doesn't have to power a 1440p screen

Noted. Do you know something else ?

I have an S7 Edge (4gb Ram) since march 2016.

If you REALLY mean it with "heavy multitasking", i promise you, 4gb wasn't even enough 2 years ago.

As soon you switch to another app, and it has to reload, you do not have enough Ram, because it has been kicked out.

However, i do not know, how much Ram would be enough for your friend with his specific app use. All ican say, it took me personally a few single random Apps at the same time, and 4gb Ram was full, and apps started to reload upon reopening.

But more Ram is always better.

6gb minimum is what i would go for - or 8gb if there will be any. Probably Oneplus 6 in a few Months?

Btw: If it has a 1080p screen of 1440p, has almost Zero impact on battery life at all. When the S7 ( Edge) Launched 2 years ago with a 2560x1440 screen, their battery life destroyed almost every other 1080p phone. It beat the Oneplus 3, it beat midrange phones.

18 hours ago, Darkseth said:

If you REALLY mean it with "heavy multitasking", i promise you, 4gb wasn't even enough 2 years ago.

As soon you switch to another app, and it has to reload, you do not have enough Ram, because it has been kicked out.

However, i do not know, how much Ram would be enough for your friend with his specific app use. All ican say, it took me personally a few single random Apps at the same time, and 4gb Ram was full, and apps started to reload upon reopening.

6gb minimum is what i would go for - or 8gb if there will be any. Probably Oneplus 6 in a few Months?

Btw: If it has a 1080p screen of 1440p, has almost Zero impact on battery life at all. When the S7 ( Edge) Launched 2 years ago with a 2560x1440 screen, their battery life destroyed almost every other 1080p phone. It beat the Oneplus 3, it beat midrange phones.

well at the time it was supposed to beat mid rangers and compete against flagships

On 4/3/2018 at 12:12 AM, huilun02 said:

Well if you want many apps open you want more RAM, and Oneplus phones have an excess of RAM despite being relatively affordable. That by itself is hard to beat.

Unless your friend has other preferences like a larger screen or battery, I am not going to deviate on my suggestion as it appears to be the best solution given the circumstance.

23 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Thank you peeps, I appreciate the replies. He might be settled with 5T. 

On 4/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, kecap said:

Thank you peeps, I appreciate the replies. He might be settled with 5T. 

The 6 is very, very close. If he's not in a hurry I'd just wait.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red