Canada rogers rubber banding

Zeketo

Literally, I was rubber banding here and there when I was playing games in the last few days.

After the outage in toronto, my wifi or connection is never stable.

I am really frustrated cuz there's guaranteed stuff happening in each month.

Like I am expecting to have monthly appointments with rogers to fix my internet.

How can I get myself out of this.

I only want one thing from my ISP, consistency.

It feelsFbad that I have to deal with this every month and there aren't any better alternates

Either contact Rogers Tech Support over the phone and hope for the best, or switch to a small provider.

Small providers uses the same line as the big guys, but they use their own equipment. And no their service is NOT inferior. You may need to buy the modem, which kinda sucks, but usually they are better than the junk that the big companies give you (usually a 25$ box, which they claim is 300$), or is equivalent if your ISP gives you something decent.

The big companies usually doesn't care, because as studies point out, time and time again, Canadians just live with it, few actually switch providers, let alone smaller ones.

Here are some choices which are many places in Canada (I assume you are Ontario as well, as you said Rogers, and this is one of their stronghold)

• Teksavvy
  • Carry Telecom
  • Acanac
  • Xinflix
  • Beanfield Metroconnect
  • VMedia
  • GTA Telecom

and many more. If you search, you'll find.

I am in Quebec were they is competition, especially in the Montreal and surrounding area, and people (mostly the young) are open to switch. Plus with the Quebec law that makes it illegal for providers to make consumers sign contracts for residential services (Cell phone, home phone, internet and TV), every month you can hop providers. This adds competition to the big companies. Another savior is Videotron which cover the mentioned area (and expending elsewhere now as they are getting bigger). Videotron prices are more expensive than the competitor, but their service is vastly superior (far from perfect though, I mean we are comparing with total junk here) and uses decently good equipment. There is TekSavvy which a friend I know has, and he loves it. For me, I wanted to switch, but when you call to say you want to move to the other guy and present what they offer, they pretty much price match (or gets you close and compensate with additional options or faster service). It sis clear they go with "We better make little money, at worst, none, but the client is with us, than the competitor". For me, I am ready to switch at any time. Even if I have to buy the equipment from TekSavvy. It's not 100$ or so, that will break the bank when I'll save 100$ or more per year. I have switch to other providers before. It is easy, quick, and yes your home phone number and cellphone number is transferred. As for details with your new provider.

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Either contact Rogers Tech Support over the phone and hope for the best, or switch to a small provider.

Small providers uses the same line as the big guys, but they use their own equipment. And no their service is NOT inferior. You may need to buy the modem, which kinda sucks, but usually they are better than the junk that the big companies give you (usually a 25$ box, which they claim is 300$), or is equivalent if your ISP gives you something decent.

The big companies usually doesn't care, because as studies point out, time and time again, Canadians just live with it, few actually switch providers, let alone smaller ones.

Here are some choices which are many places in Canada (I assume you are Ontario as well, as you said Rogers, and this is one of their stronghold)

• Teksavvy
  • Carry Telecom
  • Acanac
  • Xinflix
  • Beanfield Metroconnect
  • VMedia
  • GTA Telecom

and many more. If you search, you'll find.

I am in Quebec were they is competition, especially in the Montreal and surrounding area, and people (mostly the young) are open to switch. Plus with the Quebec law that makes it illegal for providers to make consumers sign contracts for residential services (Cell phone, home phone, internet and TV), every month you can hop providers. This adds competition to the big companies. Another savior is Videotron which cover the mentioned area (and expending elsewhere now as they are getting bigger). Videotron prices are more expensive than the competitor, but their service is vastly superior (far from perfect though, I mean we are comparing with total junk here) and uses decently good equipment. There is TekSavvy which a friend I know has, and he loves it. For me, I wanted to switch, but when you call to say you want to move to the other guy and present what they offer, they pretty much price match (or gets you close and compensate with additional options or faster service). It sis clear they go with "We better make little money, at worst, none, but the client is with us, than the competitor". For me, I am ready to switch at any time. Even if I have to buy the equipment from TekSavvy. It's not 100$ or so, that will break the bank when I'll save 100$ or more per year. I have switch to other providers before. It is easy, quick, and yes your home phone number and cellphone number is transferred. As for details with your new provider.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I am able to get an Ethernet cable running from a tplink ac1750 to my pc.

This is the only solution I can come up with since It is not possible to get a line running from the modem to my pc without drilling a hole

I am just curious aren't wifi extender receiving signal from wifi wirelessly?

It doesn't make sense to me why there's a ethernet cord on the wifi extender

1 hour ago, Zeketo said:

Thanks for the reply.

I think I am able to get an Ethernet cable running from a tplink ac1750 to my pc.

This is the only solution I can come up with since It is not possible to get a line running from the modem to my pc without drilling a hole

I am just curious aren't wifi extender receiving signal from wifi wirelessly?

It doesn't make sense to me why there's a ethernet cord on the wifi extender

Nope. If not it will be most iffy shit ever. There are  a lot of pocket lots over wireless. Already your PC wireless card needs to deal with that. why double it with a wireless extender in between, which will vary in quality based on distance.

If you have a lot of travel, get a real good PowerLine Ethernet kit. Those that uses the latest technologies, and the ground pin  as well as the Live and Neutral lines to get networking pass through the power line. WARNING: If you do get this, you need to make sure you have a ground pin. If you live in an old house, it may not have a the ground pin. Check for that. A plug tester will not detect if the ground is missing if the electric box itself is grounded instead. While fine for electronic devices connected to it, not so much for Power Line Ethernet devices. So check if you have the green power. Remember to cut the power before physically, or get a trained electrician to verify. If you live in an apartment building, than forget, as you'll face interference from other tenants activity, and open you t security holes if someone uses that as this as well. You may also have conflicts and connectivity issues. Best to use in a home.