Is the Playstation Vita discontinued?

Ashleyyyy

is the playstation vita discontinued? i want to buy one, but can't find new one's anywhere.. 

She/Her

I don’t think so, I still see them in my local target and Walmart I was there today and looked at switch games and the vita was by them. 

Yes everywhere except in Japan.

I do recall them still being sold new in EU, but probably old stock.

Memory cards are also .. well getting hard to find.

I still have my launch Vita with a 16GB memory card, have to say the system is good but not what they promised.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Google says the retail availability is 2011-present. so it has not been disconnected just to let you factually know 

33 minutes ago, Noobdude126 said:

I don’t think so, I still see them in my local target and Walmart I was there today and looked at switch games and the vita was by them. 

30 minutes ago, Noobdude126 said:

Google says the retail availability is 2011-present. so it has not been disconnected just to let you factually know 

i don't know.. google can be outdated as well.. i'll look around in retail store's and see if i can find one. 

She/Her

26 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Yes everywhere except in Japan.

I do recall them still being sold new in EU, but probably old stock.

Memory cards are also .. well getting hard to find.

I still have my launch Vita with a 16GB memory card, have to say the system is good but not what they promised.

really? oh okay.. i would get a used one, but people here want €150+ for a used vita that has scratches on the screen, with 4 games and an 8gb memory card.. which is a bit too much money for me.. 

and not being what they promised, what did they promise? as far as i know it's supposed to be a successor to the PSP.. 

She/Her

8 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

really? oh okay.. i would get a used one, but people here want €150+ for a used vita that has scratches on the screen, with 4 games and an 8gb memory card.. which is a bit too much money for me.. 

and not being what they promised, what did they promise? as far as i know it's supposed to be a successor to the PSP.. 

Successor but also a portable AAA Gaming powerhouse.

CoD games, maybe a new GTA port, etc etc..

Ended up having one meh CoD port, no real killer games from sony themselves after Uncharted on release.

The PSP started a trend, it was a portable PS2 in many ways. Last gen on the go. the PS Vita could have been the portable PS3. It damn well could'v.

Instead the Nintendo Switch is in what I wanted from my Vita ever since I bought it.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

53 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Successor but also a portable AAA Gaming powerhouse.

CoD games, maybe a new GTA port, etc etc..

Ended up having one meh CoD port, no real killer games from sony themselves after Uncharted on release.

The PSP started a trend, it was a portable PS2 in many ways. Last gen on the go. the PS Vita could have been the portable PS3. It damn well could'v.

Instead the Nintendo Switch is in what I wanted from my Vita ever since I bought it.

i agree that the PSP was AWESOME.. i recently started playing my PSP again, and doing so made me want a vita.. 
but, i looked up the vita games section on the PS store, and yeah.. it really lacks good games.. i'll just keep my PSP for on the go gaming i guess. 

She/Her