Considering case swap. S340 to Meshify C

Psygnosis7

Right now I have an NZXT S340 with a Kraken X61 aio.  I'm not of fan of the CAM software (currently not installed) and I've started to get annoyed with the closed off front on the S340.  At one point I had an SLI setup with GTX 980s and I was never comfortable putting the sidepanel on under load and I'm often times popping the front off the case.  I saw the new white Meshify C and it looks awesome, I like the glass sidepanel, and that it's a little more compact.  I was thinking about getting that and the Celsius S36. 

But I was wondering about the airflow of a 360mm front mount compared to the 280mm X61.  Would it allow for more air into the case and better airflow around the GPU at similar noise levels?

CPU: i7-7700k

Mobo: Asus Z170s

GPU: GTX 1080 Fe

xScxW8c.jpg

since you will have 3 120mm fans instead of 2 140 mm fans it will move a bit more air and be a bit louder, if you tuned the fan curves a bit you could reduce the noise

12 hours ago, Psygnosis7 said:

But I was wondering about the airflow of a 360mm front mount compared to the 280mm X61.  Would it allow for more air into the case and better airflow around the GPU at similar noise levels?

Slightly. 360mm rads have about 12% more surface area than 280mm rads, but you also have more fan to move through it, so you'd either be able to push more air through the radiator or spin the ans slower to achieve the same temps as before.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25