HDD Sounds wierd

ToasterAxt

Over the last few Weeks i noticed this wierd sound. It is only present When accessing Not only One file. With one file this Sound is Not present.

it kinda Sounds like as if the HDD does Not get Power for Short period, as it needs to spin Up again.

some Info about the Drive:

Segate Barracuda 2TB

in use Since mid 2013 (10189 Hours)

I Hope someone can help me

Festplatte Spinning Up.m4a

image.jpg

HDDs spin down when not in use.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is also there if i copy files. In that period with the attached sound the datarate goes to 0

does sound like a major problem and no other issues are rported, so Id just keep the normal backups.

Try the seagate sea tools then,  and rma if error.

When reading or writing files the head of the HDD also makes noise.

It is called seek.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When reading or writing files the head of the HDD also makes noise.

It is called seek.

But the platter does Not Spin Up and down while doing this 

1 minute ago, ToasterAxt said:

But the platter does Not Spin Up and down while doing this 

No, it only spins up after it has not been accessed for a while, and when it's not used for a while it spins down.

There is a setting for this in the windows power options.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No, it only spins up after it has not been accessed for a while, and when it's not used for a while it spins down.

There is a setting for this in the windows power options.

So again for you:

THIS SOUNDS COMES ALSO WHEN I AM COPYING DATA

did you listen to the sound?

4 minutes ago, ToasterAxt said:

So again for you:

THIS SOUNDS COMES ALSO WHEN I AM COPYING DATA

did you listen to the sound?

No cause I don't download files that random people upload to a website.

First of all try disabling all the power saving settings in the power management.

It is either seek noise or it is not, and if it is not then you should RMA it.

Spoiler

Turned out that is was a faulty Sata power connector. Switched the port and the issue is gone. Well eitherway im gonna buy a new Powersupply since i got a cheap Firecracker. I even don't know which brand it is.