Iphone charging cable suggestion?

ScreamSlasher5X

I've never had an Apple phone as of yet and therefore the following comment is only on what I have seen within the family. The cables Apple make in my opinion are pure rubbish, I've seen my brother go through many, though I think a good portion is because he doesn't look after the cable very well, though I have seen them break even by a family member who is careful. Not that this should matter I can anticipate someone telling me he should be more careful and I'd agree though he suffering with learning difficulties so it isn't as simple as that. I'm looking to find a strong cable that can take some bending and strain, as mentioned a cable that fits Apple products. We've been through plenty of different brands and a lot of the time they're just cheap and shit even if they're a bit more expensive. I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

get a magenetic one

Those last a long time since there more trip resistant and are genrall well made

My life

You may find the magnetic type cables are a good solution for yourself and your brother. You put the little adaptor in the phone and leave it there, then the cable connects via a magnet, significantly reducing the wear on the charging port (as you're not plugging and unplugging it) and if too much strain is put on the cable, it will disconnect rather than bending or snapping. 

If you have others in the house that use a different port (USB C, Micro USB or such), then you can get those types of adaptors that will work with the same cables, meaning everyone can use the cables rather than having to carry around their own one. 

https://voltacharger.com/

Linus did a video on them a while ago. 

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You may find the magnetic type cables are a good solution for yourself and your brother. You put the little adaptor in the phone and leave it there, then the cable connects via a magnet, significantly reducing the wear on the charging port (as you're not plugging and unplugging it) and if too much strain is put on the cable, it will disconnect rather than bending or snapping. 

If you have others in the house that use a different port (USB C, Micro USB or such), then you can get those types of adaptors that will work with the same cables, meaning everyone can use the cables rather than having to carry around their own one. 

https://voltacharger.com/

Linus did a video on them a while ago. 

7 minutes ago, Himommies said:

get a magenetic one

Those last a long time since there more trip resistant and are genrall well made

Damn, thank you. Didn't even know these were a thing. That's definitely going to help him with not breaking the cable. It would always bend on guard area on the part that plugs into the device and either snap the wires inside or split it so you'd get shocked.

17 minutes ago, ScreamSlasher5X said:

Ah just sell it and get a OP5, it comes with a new charger and a cable!

Or buy one of these

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?