How can I find out what voltage/amperage my fan headers can supply?

My motherboard is the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 and I would like to get fan header splitters for it. However, I cannot find anything on exactly how much power they can supply. Another question I have is: If I use the splitter to connect multiple DC (3pin) fans to the header, would the mobo still be able to use its DC control functionality?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

22 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

My motherboard is the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 and I would like to get fan header splitters for it. However, I cannot find anything on exactly how much power they can supply. Another question I have is: If I use the splitter to connect multiple DC (3pin) fans to the header, would the mobo still be able to use its DC control functionality?

I just follow the rule of 2 fans per fan header.

Your best bet is to just pick up a fan hub and install it behind the motherboard tray somewhere so it's neat and hidden.

I think most of these are 1A headers, which means you should be able to run several fans from them if needed.

Regarding the 3 pin connectors, only the 4 pin headers on ASRock boards support fan control (for both 3 or 4 pin fans). The 3 pin connectors will run the fans at full speed.

If you're really worried about it, just grab a fan hub. But I'm running 4 fans off my CPU fan header (fans are rated at .12A) and my pump off the 3pin.

41 minutes ago, DarkStang said:

I think most of these are 1A headers, which means you should be able to run several fans from them if needed.

Regarding the 3 pin connectors, only the 4 pin headers on ASRock boards support fan control (for both 3 or 4 pin fans). The 3 pin connectors will run the fans at full speed.

If you're really worried about it, just grab a fan hub. But I'm running 4 fans off my CPU fan header (fans are rated at .12A) and my pump off the 3pin.

Thanks, the fan headers do support DC speed control for 3pin fans, as I've already tried it.

There aren't any 3pin fan headers by the way, only 4pins.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16