[Car Audio] Anyone know what this port is?

EIijah
Go to solution Solved by kb5zue,

Looks like a standard din connector.  Since it is on the radio, I would venture to guess that it could be the interface for the cable that comes in from the controllers mounted in the steering wheel.  Just a wild guess though.

So I bought a Nissan Teana 230jk 2005 and pulled the factory stereo out. I found a port unused but I wondered what it was or what it could be used for. The only thing I found was a video in a different language I could barely see what was happening either. In the picture I'm referring to the port on the right. Although confirmation that the port on the left is the antenna connection would be appreciated as well. 

28944915_1690068647727841_1399068225_o.jpg

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

The fuck? Probably a proprietary one.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

15 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

The fuck? Probably a proprietary one.

8 pin DIN

DIN connectors are a widely used standard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks like a standard din connector.  Since it is on the radio, I would venture to guess that it could be the interface for the cable that comes in from the controllers mounted in the steering wheel.  Just a wild guess though.

2 hours ago, EIijah said:

So I bought a Nissan Teana 230jk 2005 and pulled the factory stereo out. I found a port unused but I wondered what it was or what it could be used for. The only thing I found was a video in a different language I could barely see what was happening either. In the picture I'm referring to the port on the right. Although confirmation that the port on the left is the antenna connection would be appreciated as well. 

Standard 8 pin DIN connector, probably for a multi-disc CD changer or other accessory.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, kb5zue said:

50 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Standard 8 pin DIN connector, probably for a multi-disc CD changer or other accessory.

Theres already another port for a cd changer so I'm going to assume that its for steering wheel control as I know these cars can have it but my model doesn't. Thanks for the replies I'm a little sad it wasn't an audio output of some sort :(

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110